DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

13 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I think right now I'm feel mostly okay with leelou, hallia, maybe darthe because he's at least been around and asking questions.  i've never seen mafia darthe, but idk if mafia darthe wouldn't bother mentioning being annoyed about people not posting and he seems like he's trying to sort people out.

I think leelou and hallia have both felt pretty natural/comfortable in the thread and particularly in leelou's case, i'm not sure someone coming back from a 3 year mafia hiatus would necessarily vibe that way as mafia.  That said, i have no idea if they have an alignment preference or if they are exceptionally good as mafia, so lmk if that's a bad take.

AJ seems ~okay, but he definitely fooled me pretty hard in Corey's game when he was teamed with hallia.  I think it's a ~good look for him to question some of the town reads on him, especially if he thinks they aren't deserved.

zander is zander.  He seems okay so far.  Nothing he's doing seems particularly agenday, but it's still early.  I feel like the game I spectated, I got more...idk...slippery vibes from him later in the game.  @Hallia do you have a decent track record reading zander?  What about darthe? 

Chris is hard for me to read because he and I think similarly and sounds reasonable as either alignment, so I tend to judge him based on his actions more than what he says.

He's like indigestion, living in my gut

It's a vibe thing, because I do think he can post like this as a wolf

4 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

She just seems really comfortable in the thread.  idk that mafia!hallia says she's happy there are so many people in this game that can read her well.

2 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Tbh I really love that people are giving out solid reads, there doesn't seem to be as much waffling and hedging as I remember there being

Is a good thing imo

yeah that vibe check is real

2 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

What does a villa look like to you, Darthe?

I'm straight up gonna take this game over until you die if you can't do better than this, but sure.

So people react in many ways of course, but generally villagers come in two flavors.  You've got the competitive try-hards who have WIM and they *KNOW* they're on the good side so they'll take risks, shake the grass to beat out the snakes, etc.  There's a flavor to that which is tough to explain, but it's pretty reliable for early game, and isn't something everyone can mimic well.  Those people are engaged, and they're hunting.  They also can be a little internally inconsistent, because they're often not so concerned with themselves.  Then there's the other ones, who have a diffusion of responsibility. I find that these people like to be wolves distinctly more, and when they're townies they don't really feel the pressure. They're loose, and comfortable, but more interested in waiting for something to catch their eye.  I think those people either practice mafia socially in the early stages or often they'll goof off and focus more on being obviously villa than a hunter per se.  Of course, there's other flavors to this thing, but that's a pretty common duo.

1 minute ago, Darthe said:

I'm straight up gonna take this game over until you die if you can't do better than this, but sure.

So people react in many ways of course, but generally villagers come in two flavors.  You've got the competitive try-hards who have WIM and they *KNOW* they're on the good side so they'll take risks, shake the grass to beat out the snakes, etc.  There's a flavor to that which is tough to explain, but it's pretty reliable for early game, and isn't something everyone can mimic well.  Those people are engaged, and they're hunting.  They also can be a little internally inconsistent, because they're often not so concerned with themselves.  Then there's the other ones, who have a diffusion of responsibility. I find that these people like to be wolves distinctly more, and when they're townies they don't really feel the pressure. They're loose, and comfortable, but more interested in waiting for something to catch their eye.  I think those people either practice mafia socially in the early stages or often they'll goof off and focus more on being obviously villa than a hunter per se.  Of course, there's other flavors to this thing, but that's a pretty common duo.

Yeah... so this being my second game *ever* I'm gonna go ahead and plead total ignorance. You can draw whatever conclusions you want, but when I'm dead you'll be one townie short. Sorry I'm not playing to your standard, but fixating on me (call it what you want) is giving me strong wolf vibes towards you. Other than that, I don;t think I have a super precise strategy.

1 hour ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Go ahead if you want since Darthe answered.

If I recall question correctly it meant HE was comfortable with Aj/ me but no an and I being comfortable in thread NAI

1 minute ago, Darthe said:

Second game ever?  I thought you talked about playing before, and that this was your second game with those few people you mentioned. 

Second game ever, my dude. Last game played on the forum was my first. (I played IRL once or twice in college, but forum-play is a different beast. Clearly.)

22 minutes ago, Darthe said:

This is the most circular non-conversation.  It's like you're not trying?  Not even directly scummy, just weird tbh.

Sorry I'm nodding off but Voodoo read for me me in our 1 game was literally he was like thr most TWTBAW ever and I stuck with that tho I tinfoiled lole every 10 seconds on it lol

New people have this tendency to win early because their inexperience is used to give them a pass for acting wolfy, and that's a problem if you don't know how to present yourself since people will vote you out from sheer caution.  We can't see each other so all we've got to go on are the conversations we have, and that gets tough if you won't give good answers.  Much better to act in the interests of the town and show your alignment, rather than tell, unless you did rand wolf. In which case, please continue 🙂

31 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I think right now I'm feel mostly okay with leelou, hallia, maybe darthe because he's at least been around and asking questions.  i've never seen mafia darthe, but idk if mafia darthe wouldn't bother mentioning being annoyed about people not posting and he seems like he's trying to sort people out.

I think leelou and hallia have both felt pretty natural/comfortable in the thread and particularly in leelou's case, i'm not sure someone coming back from a 3 year mafia hiatus would necessarily vibe that way as mafia.  That said, i have no idea if they have an alignment preference or if they are exceptionally good as mafia, so lmk if that's a bad take.

AJ seems ~okay, but he definitely fooled me pretty hard in Corey's game when he was teamed with hallia.  I think it's a ~good look for him to question some of the town reads on him, especially if he thinks they aren't deserved.

zander is zander.  He seems okay so far.  Nothing he's doing seems particularly agenday, but it's still early.  I feel like the game I spectated, I got more...idk...slippery vibes from him later in the game.  @Hallia do you have a decent track record reading zander?  What about darthe? 

Chris is hard for me to read because he and I think similarly and sounds reasonable as either alignment, so I tend to judge him based on his actions more than what he says.

Why you so high on Lee/Farther compares to me lawl.

1 minute ago, Zander? said:

Sorry I'm nodding off but Voodoo read for me me in our 1 game was literally he was like thr most TWTBAW ever and I stuck with that tho I tinfoiled lole every 10 seconds on it lol

Yeah I got that lol.  This feels like I lost two hours of life.  Could still be wolfin tbh, but newness just muddles the whole thing.

Just now, TrippedOnReality said:

not exactly.  my question was if darthe thought you/aj being comfortable in the thread was AI.

I said it's not AI or tried to in my response lol. We're both comfortable as both alignments. 

1 minute ago, VooDooNut said:

I don't know why that makes me less wolfie, but I'll take the unvote and

unvote

in kind.

Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Spotify

no no, votes are trackable data. Plz, plz plz.  Just be consistent. Think of this like driving.  I don't need a nice person on the road, I need a consistent person.  I'm not concerned with whether or not they're friendly, I care whether or not they're gonna suddenly slam their brakes and run into my lane.  One of them I can get a good read on and the other ???, which is bad when I win by making good reads and lose on making bad reads.  Right?

29 minutes ago, Darthe said:

This is the most circular non-conversation.  It's like you're not trying?  Not even directly scummy, just weird tbh.

Also he was closs to 100% OMGUS lol.....someone sussed him he sussed them think he said it was his 1st forum game iirc