DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

General Season 2 Leaks thread

Skipp

I liked Morgase and don't want to see her character assassinated or anything, but still not gonna cry too much. She's not even top 80 in most important characters. Side characters converting into lazy tropes is television 101. They just don't have the space to properly develop everyone that a book does. Assuming this actually happens, it reads to me like a hint that Rahvin might be out, which a lot of people had guessed would happen given how similar his battle with Rand is to Sammael's, that there isn't much point in having both of them. They still need a way to explain the discontent with House Trakand and why people would oppose Elayne, and Morgase being a crappy queen without compulsion is one way to do that. And I think most people probably hope they won't include the Faile kidnapping subplot that ends up making up most of Morgase's arc anyway. Getting rid of the Shaido much earlier is another thing a better editor would have done before the books were ever published.

Before I sound like too much of an apologist, the overall poor quality of season one writing doesn't leave me with much confidence the rest of the story will actually be done well, but these changes are still perfectly understandable even if I doubt they'll be executed well. I think the idea makes sense.