DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Age of the Wolfbrothers

Hello all,

So I am really enjoying my first re-read of Wheel of Time. Almost close to finishing EotW. 

So we know that Wolfbrothers are not from the Age of Legends but are from before the Age of Legends, before the Power had ever been touched (assuming Elyas and others are reliable narrators). What Age do people speculate the Wolfbrothers come from? I suspect the Wolfbrother Ability were from the early ages of man (I think it is Elyas who talks about the Man and the Wolf in their caves) so I took these as prehistoric abilities that have been spun out again because of the necessity of the Pattern. 

What are everyone's thoughts?

Yeah I think that aligns with my own thoughts on it. 

Elyas and Lan both refer to this being something older - although strangely it is mentioend how Moiraine may think Perrin is a Darkfriend but Lan having known Elyas doesnt think this to be the case (obviously we know this is not a Darkfriend ability). 

I wonder - are there any other Talents that manifest for the Shadow? Such as Luc/Slayer and his control of the Dreamworld. 

Do we have any other examples of Wolfbrothers either in text or alluded to - with the exception of Elyas and Perrin?

There was the one Perrin ran into when he and the gang were chasing down Rand - somewhere on the way to Tear - Noam?

Always thought it would have been cool if there had been a few more - especially at the Last Battle.  Not hundreds of them, but maybe a dozen or two running with the wolves.  Would make Perrin and Elyas a bit less unique...

6 hours ago, DojoToad said:

There was the one Perrin ran into when he and the gang were chasing down Rand - somewhere on the way to Tear - Noam?

Always thought it would have been cool if there had been a few more - especially at the Last Battle.  Not hundreds of them, but maybe a dozen or two running with the wolves.  Would make Perrin and Elyas a bit less unique...

We don't see any more, but the Seanchan apparently know about it.  Or at least their version of the Prophecies does.

Also, I liked how we eventually see Noam again.  It's part of what Perrin needs to see to reconcile his two natures.