DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Memory of Light

Pembie

Well I’m on last book now I just hope it is a good ending and Last battle is good I hope all big characters get their big moments I’m also hoping for some shocks along the way 

The books have helped me focus on something my mom died last year so it’s been a good but very long and sometimes baffling distraction at times for me I don’t think I could remember in such details of everything like you all can on here about the story so thanks the help there everyone  I will try things like Misborn after this 

Bring on the last battle I’m suprised that’s not the last chapter in book 

18 hours ago, Pembie said:

Well I’m on last book now I just hope it is a good ending and Last battle is good I hope all big characters get their big moments I’m also hoping for some shocks along the way 

The books have helped me focus on something my mom died last year so it’s been a good but very long and sometimes baffling distraction at times for me I don’t think I could remember in such details of everything like you all can on here about the story so thanks the help there everyone  I will try things like Misborn after this 

Bring on the last battle I’m suprised that’s not the last chapter in book 

Not spoiling anything, but you get pretty much what you hope for.

And the Last Battle isn't the final chapter because it covers more than a single chapter.

Edited by Andra

19 hours ago, Pembie said:

So how much do I read if I’m going to read the last battle in one sitting?

I'm not sure that's even possible, unless you have multiple days with nothing else to do.

The problem is that the Tarmon Gai'don isn't a single battle happening in a single place.  It's an actual war, with multiple theaters of conflict covering half a continent.  Technically, the opening skirmishes have already taken place by the time you get to the final book, though no one involved really recognizes them as the beginning of the war.

But even after all the belligerents recognize the war has officially begun, it still takes up most of the book.

And no, I don't want to spoil things by telling you in which chapter that "official" beginning takes place.  But it's relatively early in the book.  And it ends relatively late in the book.

So unless you have the time to read pretty much the whole book in one sitting, you can't really do what you describe.

21 hours ago, Pembie said:

So how much do I read if I’m going to read the last battle in one sitting?

That chapter is a little over 200 pages.  I'm not sure trying to get through it all in one sitting is best: some events bear a little reflection and it helps to take a break and clear your head after or during a long read (I find).

If you manage somewhere between 20 to 30 pages an hour you're looking at 7 - 11 hours of reading.

13 hours ago, Stedding Tofu said:

That chapter is a little over 200 pages.  I'm not sure trying to get through it all in one sitting is best: some events bear a little reflection and it helps to take a break and clear your head after or during a long read (I find).

If you manage somewhere between 20 to 30 pages an hour you're looking at 7 - 11 hours of reading.

Except that it isn't really limited to just that one chapter.  Even as long as it is.

19 hours ago, Pembie said:

It’s quite good now that is starting Ian his been set up as a scafice going to be overrun by Trollocs 

The black tower stuff is interesting 

Oh, there's just a BIT more going on with Lan. ?

But it takes a while to see it.

On 5/17/2022 at 12:49 AM, Andra said:

Except that it isn't really limited to just that one chapter.  Even as long as it is.

Agreed.  But the chapters allow the reader to plan or take reading breaks.  Reading on my kindle I didn't realise how long the chapter was until well past when I should have put the book down and gone to sleep.

Personally I didn't find breaking the chapter up into several reading sessions took anything away from the story unfolding. Others seem to find that reading it through in one go is best.

10 hours ago, Stedding Tofu said:

Agreed.  But the chapters allow the reader to plan or take reading breaks.  Reading on my kindle I didn't realise how long the chapter was until well past when I should have put the book down and gone to sleep.

Personally I didn't find breaking the chapter up into several reading sessions took anything away from the story unfolding. Others seem to find that reading it through in one go is best.

Oh, I understand completely.  I had kind of the same issue myself.

Luckily, I started that chapter on a weekend.  I just stayed up until I finished it.

2 hours ago, Pembie said:

Is lanfear alive or just trapped inside Rands dream with a new body why wasn’t she inside the tower with Morraine 

Lanfear was saved from the Tower of Ghenjei by Moridin. We find out for sure that she escaped the tower in the finale of book 9 where we are in her head briefly and find out Cyndane is actually Lanfear resurrected.

14 hours ago, Pembie said:

Is lanfear alive or just trapped inside Rands dream with a new body why wasn’t she inside the tower with Morraine 

Technically Lanfear is dead and her soul has been transmigrated into Cyndane's body.  As @Asthereal mentions Moridin "rescued" her, by killing her and allowing The Dark One to reclaim her soul and transfer it into a new body.

She appears the way she does in his dream (or it may be Tel'aran'rhiod, I'm not sure) by altering her appearance to how she wants to look, i.e. how her previous body looked (tall with black hair).  In the real or waking world she will appear as Cyndane (short with silver hair).

9 hours ago, Stedding Tofu said:

Technically Lanfear is dead and her soul has been transmigrated into Cyndane's body.  As @Asthereal mentions Moridin "rescued" her, by killing her and allowing The Dark One to reclaim her soul and transfer it into a new body.

She appears the way she does in his dream (or it may be Tel'aran'rhiod, I'm not sure) by altering her appearance to how she wants to look, i.e. how her previous body looked (tall with black hair).  In the real or waking world she will appear as Cyndane (short with silver hair).

Yep.

And she's being punished.

You have to be alive to be punished.

Lanfear has turned up to help Perrin in the wolf dream now interesting as they have never meet before and I expect Perrin will resuse the people from the black tower by moving the dream spike barrier I’m not sure I get him going into the dream as whole why does that matter so he isn’t a wolf?

Just now, Pembie said:

Lanfear has turned up to help Perrin in the wolf dream now interesting as they have never meet before and I expect Perrin will resuse the people from the black tower by moving the dream spike barrier I’m not sure I get him going into the dream as whole why does that matter so he isn’t a wolf?

Props to Brandon Sanderson even with notes I don’t think I could finish this story off 

45 minutes ago, Pembie said:

Technically, they have met before.  In the Dream.

Early on, when someone tempts him with glory (something about a golden wolf helmet, I believe) in his dreams, it's actually her.  He just doesn't know it.

As far as what's happening now - Perrin and Gaul entered the Wolf Dream in the flesh because he thought it was necessary, in order to fight Slayer most effectively, and to lead the wolves in the Last Hunt.

Gawyn has the three rings from the blood knifes if he wears them when fighting does that mean he will die after getting the bloodlust to kill? 

Question to guys who have read the books do you know what questions people that are going through the series will end up asking is there a pattern to it 

6 hours ago, Pembie said:

Gawyn has the three rings from the blood knifes if he wears them when fighting does that mean he will die after getting the bloodlust to kill? 

Bloodlust isn't really part of it. 

The problem with a Bloodknife is that the use of the wearer's blood links them irrevocably - and the price for that link is the wearer's eventual weakening and death.  After letting them become virtually undetectable when wearing the ring that completes the set.  I say "virtually undetectable" because Gawyn wouldn't have any rings if the undetectability was total.

2 hours ago, Pembie said:

I don’t remember anything about the sharan  army at all who are they?

Shara is the land beyond the Aiel Waste, which has long been closed to outsiders.  They have only allowed limited access to traders from the Sea Folk and Aiel, so no one knows anything about their society.

Demandred and Graendal have been dropping hints about them to the other Forsaken for several books.