DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM News:JordanCon 2022 Day 1 Recap

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

JordanCon 2022 kicked off today in Atlanta, Georgia.  Despite a smaller, in-person gathering last summer, this feels like returning home after a long hiatus for many of us.  Reuniting with friends and family I haven’t seen since 2019 was an amazing experience.  So many familiar faces are here.  And, so many new ones.

Although this may be JordanCon’s biggest attendance so far, the quality of people is still on par for what we expect from this intimate convention.  Today, I spoke to three random JordanCon first-timers and all of them were welcomed with open arms.  It’s good to know that a large audience won’t break the spirit we strive for: a feeling of family.

And while all JordanCon members feel like family, it’s also a great place to hang with literal family.

image2.jpeg

Our own Kitty Rallo and her sister Aleena.

IMG_6670.jpg

My sister, Maggie, and I posing with our “not today, Shai’tan” shirts.

Speaking of Kitty, keep an eye out for a Q&A with Maria Simons, from Team Jordan.

image1 (1).jpeg

It was a busy day for panels today.  After opening ceremonies with Toastmaster Rhed, I was grateful to be on the “There are books?? (The Wheel of Time for Beginners)” panel.  We got to talk to new readers and new JordanCon members and share non-spoiler aspects of the series we love. 

image0.jpeg

After that, I was a guest on the highly anticipated “A New Turning of the Wheel: Why Changes are Necessary in an Adaptation” panel.  Since JordanCon goers are the best, all discussion aspects and questions were civil.

Naturally I was busy and missed the huge cast announcement!  If you missed it, check out the Ayoola Smart as Aviendha article or our own Ebony and daughter Aviendha discussing this breaking news!

image0 (1).jpeg

Tomorrow is a full day, so I’m looking forward to another adventure.

Follow along to see me and other Dragonmount staff on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Have you attending JordanCon before?  Plan on coming next year? Are you here now?  Let us know in the comments below!

View full news item