DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How are you coping with the wait for season 2?

DaddyFinn

I'm a few chapters into A Memory of Light. First re-read of it since it released and first re-read of the series in years. I've also watched some more of non-reader reactions to the show. It's great to see how much they like it and are excited for S2. I haven't read or watched much of the news and leaks or content creators in general. Will probably do that closer to release. I'll also watch S1 a couple more times to keep everything fresh in memory.

Time flies by so quickly S2 will soon be just around the corner. ?

Edited by DaddyFinn
Added stuff

I check this site maybe once a week. I do a search every other week at most. 

I started a reread right before the show came out. I am currently half way through book 10. I have realized I remember almost everything in the first half of the series and less as I get towards the end. So, I am looking forward to the last four books. 

I had mixed feelings about the show. So, the break in between seasons is probably good for me. 

Edited by Wassup

26 minutes ago, Wassup said:

I check this site maybe once a week. I do a search every other week at most. 

I started a reread right before the show came out. I am currently half way through book 10. I have realized I remember almost everything in the first half of the series and less as I get towards the end. So, I am looking forward to the last four books. 

I had mixed feelings about the show. So, the break in between seasons is probably good for me. 

I had finished my re-read several months before the show.  I'll probably wait until 2023 to read it again.  My wife makes fun of me if all I read is WoT.

I also tried to re-read before the show came on at all and nearly did (finished before the finale anyway). Not gonna do that again. Layoff is fine. There is plenty of other material out there. It's kind of a golden age of television. Russian Doll, Barry, Better Call Saul, and The Flight Attendant are all terrific shows premiering in the same week this week. It's almost overwhelming how much good television there is right now. Everything is coming back from the long Covid break at the same time.

I have many ideas in mind.  The first using miniatures from Games Workshop.  Basic good vs. evil.

The Light of Eltharion vs. Liekoron the Executioner.  

Liekoron is hanging out at a cairn and animating Bladegheist Revenants.  Eltharion is there to take them out.  Trying to figure out how complicated I'm going to be with LED lighting, landscaping, etc.  I have all the needed supplies and have started the build, I just need to not get distracted and put the hours in...

2 hours ago, Meskell said:

Almost forgot the series existed. Started rereading the series and got to the point where Egwene starts getting headaches and haven’t touched the books in about 5 weeks. 

The headaches weren’t as bad as Faile and the Shaido, but the arc went on way too long

I am excited to see what they are going to do with season 2.  The leaks I have been seeing of their filming in Morocco is really interesting.  RJ2 has said certain characters will be on their book 2 arcs while others will be on their book 3 arcs but will that mean they are going to combine the events of books 2 and 3.  What events will be condensed, moved or cut entirely.

Apparently they are finishing filming in the next week or two so they should have a long time to work on putting the season together.  Will be a long and exciting wait.

1 hour ago, Skipp said:

I am excited to see what they are going to do with season 2.  The leaks I have been seeing of their filming in Morocco is really interesting.  RJ2 has said certain characters will be on their book 2 arcs while others will be on their book 3 arcs but will that mean they are going to combine the events of books 2 and 3.  What events will be condensed, moved or cut entirely.

Apparently they are finishing filming in the next week or two so they should have a long time to work on putting the season together.  Will be a long and exciting wait.

Long and long.  Waiting is rarely exciting...

Here's some non-reader (at least mostly) reaction channels I have enjoyed very much watching. All are pretty positive towards the show, I don't watch the completely negative ones. I've seen a lot more but can't remember those.

These two have great theories and discussions.

I may be obsessed with these and I'm still finding new ones to watch. ?

Didn't really love season 1, so I can easily wait for season 2.  Plus there is so much Sci-Fi/fantasy material coming out over the next year in books/TVs/comics.  Obi-Wan series is the one I am most excited about right now.   Will probably work on some kind of creative hobby too... diorama building sounds fun haven't tried that before.  I went to the lego store and saw someone custom made a heron-marked blade from WoT.  That was pretty cool

On 5/14/2022 at 8:16 AM, DaddyFinn said:

Here's some non-reader (at least mostly) reaction channels I have enjoyed very much watching. All are pretty positive towards the show, I don't watch the completely negative ones. I've seen a lot more but can't remember those.

These two have great theories and discussions.

I may be obsessed with these and I'm still finding new ones to watch. ?

Not watching negative reviews - afraid of seeing something you won’t like?  I’ve watched and read plenty of mostly positive reviews to get other perspectives. But keep force feeding material that validates your own opinion. That way nothing scary happens…

11 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Not watching negative reviews - afraid of seeing something you won’t like?  I’ve watched and read plenty of mostly positive reviews to get other perspectives. But keep force feeding material that validates your own opinion. That way nothing scary happens…

I know you weren't replying to me, but since I just said something similar in the other thread, this seems relevant.

I watch media that brings me joy. When I enjoy something, it brings me joy to see other people enjoying the same thing, and taking about the thing we both enjoy. It's as simple as that.

Of course, if there's something harmful in a piece of media I like, then I want to be made aware of it. I try to listen and understand when those things are pointed out, because I don't want to accidentally hurt someone else by recommending a piece of media that will harm them. I want to at least be able to warn them ahead of time so they can decide whether they want to engage with it or not, and keep it in mind when I'm talking about it myself.

But that doesn't mean I have to sit and listen to people dunking on my favorite movies/shows/books all day for the sake of hearing out diverse opinions. 

2 hours ago, DojoToad said:

I have seen and read enough of negative people, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Nik said:

But that doesn't mean I have to sit and listen to people dunking on my favorite movies/shows/books all day for the sake of hearing out diverse opinions. 

I used to be that way too.  But then I realized that diverse opinions helped shape my own.  Sometimes I went from love to like.  Other times love to love more.  And still others from love to indifference to dislike.  On occasion, I've moved into very positive directions from a place of hate.

I don't know everything.  A different perspective helps me see if I'm being too narrow-minded.  Because people grow and live in circumstances very different from mine - they notice or key on different things than me.  I find this invaluable in shaping my opinions.  It may solidify what I already thought, it may scrape away or erode against a firm opinion, and sometimes it atomizes my perspective.

It is much easier to play it safe and seek and reaffirming opinions.  I find it much more fulfilling to see multiple perspectives.  Sometimes I shape others, sometimes others shape me, but most often the effect is mutual.

1 minute ago, DaddyFinn said:

I have seen and read enough of negative people, thank you very much.

And I have seen plenty of over-the-top this is an awesome show because it is WoT and at least we got something.  But I still read and watch them looking for little nuggets that will persuade and sway me.  Granted, most of the time they don't but I keep trying.

1 minute ago, DojoToad said:

And I have seen plenty of over-the-top this is an awesome show because it is WoT and at least we got something.  But I still read and watch them looking for little nuggets that will persuade and sway me.  Granted, most of the time they don't but I keep trying.

Good for you.