DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*waves hello*

Xephyra

Hi all!

New to the site - I've recently joined TV.net and RoTV...I've been reading these books since about '96 or '97 and probably read the books once a year since :lol:

Not being hugely technologically minded - I've only just discovered the joy of community forums such as these! :D

I'm an Aussie so - G'day everyone! Nice to be here! Lovely to meet you all!!! :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to DM, X, can i call you X? or how about Xeph? Anyways, welcome, feel free to join an ORG or two, or three?

Corki will probably be around to talk to you about the Band of the Red Hand ORG, so ill let him! Theres also a White Tower ORG, and many others!

Also, Fiddlesticks is a good place to go to just have some fun!

And again, welcome to DM!

:P once a year! that sounds familiar! 8) :P

Welcome to DM!! :D Yes, cummunity sites do have that flair don't they... 8) :P

*tries to figure out the Time zones...*

OOO! Head hurts! i need dinner... :P

ROFL! Anyways! :wink: We have a great RPing section if you want to try your hand... and the Orgs are always happy for new faces! :D I'm sure everyone will drop by and petition their Orgs for ya... *figures he should represent his*

Wolfkin: Nature Org of DM!(Yes! our theme is new!! Anyone can feel free to drop by to give their ideas!! :wink: ) We also have Tequilla, chili, Pirates, cheerleaders... like pranks and overall silliness! 8) small group, but lots of fun!

Band of the Red Hand: most organized Org!! :D lots of people to meet! they're all great too! Also DM's 2nd biggest Org!!

hehe! They're both loads of fun! I'm in some others but I shan't steal everyone's thunder! 8)

Guest Barmacral

Welcome to Dragonmount, you'll be happy to know that one of our biggest nerds (Luckers) is an Aussie, and that we've got some other Aussies floating around here too.

Unfortunately key members of the Welcome Wagon are off on holidays, so I'm going to have to fill in for them.

Empy is the org leader to the Seanchan, who are the org for Discussing Television, Movies, and games (mostly console games, for computer based games I think you want the Black Tower). Be sure to take a look at the Seanchan and visit the Movie Making thread, we're currently voting on which movie we want to make.

The Illuminators are the creativity org. There are multiple chapter houses for them, for various area's, including writing, artists, computer geeks, performing arts and so on. A couple of the highlights for the Illuminators are the worldbuilding thread where we are building ourselves a world to use to write in, and the Ask the Author thread where we all have a chance to ask questions to up and coming author Pat Rothfuss, who's first book The Name of the Wind has recently come out.

To join any of the orgs, go to Usergroups, choose an org and click view information. Then click Join group. At least thats what I think the buttons are called, you can go and participate in any and all of the orgs without joining, so be sure to check them all out and find which ones suit you best before you join. You can join as many orgs as you want.

Fiddlesticks is NOT an org, it is merely a place where everyone gets to hang out and chill, posting whatever they want, keep in mind that this website is PG-13 though.

The General WoT discussion is a place where anyone can post anything at all that has to do with WoT. Right now we've got some really cool threads speculating on the final book A Memory of Light that you may find to be a good read.

The Structured WoT discussion is a place you can go to find specific threads which talk about specific things. Be wary of going off topic there, and don't post new topics, request one in the new thread request thread, and Kathana will add it as soon as she gets a chance.

Kait is unavailable as well, so I need to fill in for her:

Random unsensible gibberish that advertises the orgs she's on fantasy hat modem BotRH barmishapickle footy.

There is also an extensive part of the website dedicated to role playing, you will find these forums below the orgs (which stands for Organizations btw). Sirayn is the person to speak to if you want further information on that, she'll probably be by here to welcome you, but you can PM (private message) her if you don't want to wait.

Well, thats all I can think of for the moment, welcome to DM, and enjoy your stay!

:lol:

Extremely informative!! Thanks Barmacral - I was wondering if I could ask a quick question...I've tried to view the av's from the 'show gallery' option in my profile - but it's not giving me any galleries to choose from...am I doing something wrong?

I wouldn't be surprised if I was :oops:

Barmster.... that's possibly the longest post I've ever seen from you.... though I think I'm seeing doub;e right now so it may not be.... hmmm

anywho.... Welcome X'ephyra

I'm sure that whatever barmy told you was mostly true... :wink:

Guest Barmacral

Unfortunately I don't know how to deal with that, and I'm not sure who does... I'll check around, although I may be a little while, I'm supposed to be leaving for dinner soon.

:D

Thanks for your welcome! I've been browsing the boards - and it seems there is a trend towards huge posts - I'm afraid I can't type fast enough to keep up :wink:

:) thanks for the tip (should I call you No. 12 or 12th?) I don't want to get it wrong :oops:

Guest Barmacral

Call him insignificant :twisted:

12th is how you refer to him. And fiddlesticks has very few big posts if you are concerned about that :D

Archived