DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Apple TV] Foundation

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

Monday I started my "7 day free trial" of Apple TV so I could binge Foundation.

Finished the show in Two days, and I can honestly say I really enjoyed it, and can't wait for season 2. I have also read almost all the Robot & Foundation & Empire novels.

The writers 100% added more drama, romance, action, espionage, then the books had and that's honestly a good thing.

They changed the "main protagonists" in the part of the Foundation novel the show is based on into two women, and I felt that was fine, given Asimov himself said he sucked at writing women, they did a pretty good job all things considered.

Spoiler

I do wonder where they're going with the precog abilities, and if that's going to bring these characters to Gia

I noticed a dozen little Easter eggs from the books that stood out to me, which at least says someone in the writing team read the novels.

I also loved that they kept Hari Seldon a dirty rotten lying liar mc liarson. A long running "theme" in Asimov's books is that characters Lie, even the main POV protagonist... to the reader.