DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Siuan's Gift

Froix

Guest Froix

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask, which may have been answered already.

I think it's in book Two (The Great Hunt) wherein Siuan mentions seeing Rand in the crowd in the Borderlands. She then says that it is one of her talents to see Taveren.

How'd she find out about this talent of hers? Was there other taverens aside from Rand, Mat and Perrin in the near past? I seriously doubt she's lived through Arhur Hawkwing's time, did she? After all, she is supposed to be one of the youngest raised Amyrlins.

Guest Majsju

People probably become ta'veren all the time, to correct errors, set things in motion etc. What's so Unique with the Two Rivers lads is Rand's strength, and that there's three from the same village, who most likely became ta'veren at the same time since they're connected.

Guest cwestervelt

Uncommon and rare aren't really the same. Having three together of something that is uncommon would definitely be rare. And that would make it a very special case worthy of personal investigation.

From a pre KoD blog:

The Wheel creates ta'veren at need, making someone who is already alive one. You aren't born ta'veren. Can you imagine being around a ta'veren who is teething? <shudder> It would be possible for a Darkfriend or Forsaken to be made ta'veren, but it seems unlikely. Ta'veren are part of the Wheel's self-correcting mechanism. When the Pattern seems to be drifting too quickly, and especially if it is in the wrong direction, one or more ta'veren are created. I can't really see how making a Darkfriend or Forsaken ta'veren would help with correcting the drift of the Pattern. Ta'veren can oppose one another, when their conflict is what the Wheel "sees" as the necessary corrective.

Archived