DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What we know so far.

Lui2692

Well here is what I have learned so far and a few theories of my own. Feel free to add on anything else.

Also would appreciated comments on any errors i have made.

1.)Rand is of the royal blood line of caemlyn.

- Rand's father was killed by Luc/Slayer who is Rand's Uncle.

2.)Elaida's Prophecy referred to Egwene.

3.) Taim/Mhael is Demandred.

4.) Logain will kill Demandred and take control of The Black Tower.

5.)Somehow Rand and LTT will merge, Min's Viewing in LOC.

6.)Rand's Schools will bring back most of the lost technology of the Age of Legends.

7.)Moridin is Ishamael.

8.)In order to reseal the Dark One's prison Rand must destroy the remaining seals.

9.) Lanfear is cyandel( sp? )

I know there are things i must have left out feel free to correct me or ask for a book referance to any of the ideas i have posted

Don't feel bad, I was totally convinced Taim was Demandred from the end of LoC until the end of WH, where it is made plain he is not. Have you gotten that far yet?

We don't KNOW that Logain will kill Taim and take over the BT, but many surmise that. Me, I think RJ has surprised us many many times before, and probably will again.

I don't think Rand's schools can bring back the technology of the age of legends. Remember, the students are working on steam engines, multi-bottomed plows, hang gliders, faster crossbows. I think they will bring new technology, but the Age of Legends basically had today's technology, but run with the one power...ie, no pollution. Imagine it!

Again, we don't KNOW that Rand has to break the seals,we just kinda assume he does, based on Herid Fel's note to Rand, which Min uses as a bookmark: "Belief and order give strength. Have to clear rubble before you can build...."

Hmm in Breaking the Seals i was referring to LTT's rant inside of rand right after his sparring lesson, Bashere

hurls a dagger at him.

Demandred Taim - hmm i have read all the books several times, what was it in WH that gave it away? While Taim could simply be a darkfriend, which is quite possible considering how close Saldea is to the border and the likely hood of him being guided by the black ajah just like logain was.

Hmm, im also curious as to what rand will do with the second key now the the power is clean im sure it will play a pivotal role in his power battle with the dark one.

To top it all off rand and logain along with a few ashman and aes sedai were able to hold of a 100,000 trollocs with the the Black Tower behind him what threat can a trolloc invasion truly pose to the world?

There are several things in winters heart that show that Demandred is not Taim--he doesn't recognize Damer, which Taim would, he gives orders to Kisman that Taim has already given, and a couple of other things. But the biggest issue is that a little while back RJ decided to settle the question once and for all, and stated that Taim was not Demandred.

There is also contention about LTT and Rand joining, given the new mental connection Rand has to Moridin. It is now suggested that it is Rand and Moridin that will blur, and there is conciderable evidence supporting this.

i think another piece of evidence for Rand needing to break the seals before he can reseal the DO is Cadsuane's tapestry of Rand holding the seal in his fist and her thought saying "it could be holding it together or crushing it, she knew how she wanted it to be". Once again though, circumstantial more than anything, so Rand needing to break the seals is still largely a theory, we dont actually know

No, I agree he is not now...

But when Elaida made her Foretelling about the Royal House of Andor as the key to winning the Last Battle, Tigraine (Rand's mother) was of the Royal Hose. So I belive the Foretelling has to with Rand, not Elayne.

No, it's definetly not Egwene, who has no link at all (except her love for Gawyn) to the Royal House.

No' date=' I agree he is not now...

But when Elaida made her Foretelling about the Royal House of Andor as the key to winning the Last Battle, Tigraine (Rand's mother) was of the Royal Hose. So I belive the Foretelling has to with Rand, not Elayne.

No, it's definetly not Egwene, who has no link at all (except her love for Gawyn) to the Royal House.

Elaida's foretelling could go either way since it could be interpretted to mean the house that's ruling at the time of TG or the house that was ruling at the time she had the Foretelling. Elayne was pretty instrumental in getting the Bowl of the Winds and making sure it got used before it got into the hands of Aes Sedai who would wrap it in 100 yards of wool and stick it at the bottom of a chest because studying ter'angreal is too dangerous.

Archived