DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's weird experiences in Fal Dara (TGH)

aburuq

I am in book four of the book series, and I have concluded it indeed may be Lanfear. However, as I read, it almost seems the "miasma" described by Moraine could be another contender. Definitely at this point, Lanfear is dead set on helping Rand because of her "love" for Lews. Well, really her love for power to co-rule with Rand. I swear I will get my talented husband to create a painting of her and share with the group. She is something else. LOL!

The "watching eyes" could be early signs of the paranoia that comes from the madness.

Or they could be one of the first indications in Rand of what Moiraine says is a protection that goes along with channeling - the ability to "feel" the presence of agents of the Dark One.

We know there were darkfriends in the Keep at the time.  And giving the timing of events we can be fairly confident there were already Shadowspawn there as well.  At minimum, the man who fired the arrow that nicked the Amyrlin was probably a Gray Man.  And we know later in the books that he can sense them.

Without him knowing what that sensation meant, I think he could easily have interpreted it as feeling eyes watching him wherever he went.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RextheDog said:

never sure about the wind.

the eyes i assumed were Fain, as in the previous book he would look from his cell directly at Rand or the EF.

Fain could sense Rand, because of what the Dark One had done to him, for which Fain hated both Rand and the Dark One.  But there's no indication in the books that Rand could sense Fain.  Except for his ability as a channeler do detect agents of the Shadow in general.

Spoiler

Or for his later-developed talent of recognizing darkfriends.

The other problem with it being Fain specifically, is that Rand felt the eyes moving around.  At a time when Fain was still locked in his cell.

8 hours ago, Andra said:

Fain could sense Rand, because of what the Dark One had done to him, for which Fain hated both Rand and the Dark One.  But there's no indication in the books that Rand could sense Fain.  Except for his ability as a channeler do detect agents of the Shadow in general.

Hide contents

Or for his later-developed talent of recognizing darkfriends.

The other problem with it being Fain specifically, is that Rand felt the eyes moving around.  At a time when Fain was still locked in his cell.

ever had that creepy feeling someone is watching you?

i was thinking of it less literally....i didnt think someone was actually around the corner watching him, i also just thought its one of those things Jordan dropped like a hot rock....