DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"but it was a beginning" :)

ines

my name is Ines, and I'm really happy to have my nickname as my actual name, it never happened before ahah

I decided to join because I started to read the books (after watching the tv show...), I'm enjoying it a lot, I mean, I don't remember the last time I had so much fun reading. Especially in English, since it is not my first language.

For now I'm still half way the second book, I know it is only at the beginning, but as much I'd like to go faster and read, finish everything tomorrow, I don't like the feeling when I finish something, you know that nostalgia... So I hope to take time and to enjoy every moment. Of course running away from spoilers will be my main goal, since I really hate it. But my main reason to join was the fact that none of my friends enjoy these kind of books, and I REALLY wanted to have someone to talk with... Well... let's see how it works. "but it was a beginning".

Edited by ines

Welcome @ines! Glad to have you. I'm sure you'll find plenty of lively discussion here. I wouldn't worry about ending the series because there's so much nuance, foreshadowing, and subtlety to be consumed on subsequent rereads. And now that we have the show, it's fun to explore the synergy between the original series and it's screen adaptation. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

Welcome Ines!   You have much to look forward to of course while savoring each moment. I understand the nostalgia and can still feel/remember everything as I read the last words of the series like it was yesterday.  The books have great re-read value so there is that too.  I find as I've aged I read the books differently too.   Enjoy!

On 1/25/2022 at 1:54 PM, ines said:

my name is Ines, and I'm really happy to have my nickname as my actual name, it never happened before ahah

I decided to join because I started to read the books (after watching the tv show...), I'm enjoying it a lot, I mean, I don't remember the last time I had so much fun reading. Especially in English, since it is not my first language.

For now I'm still half way the second book, I know it is only at the beginning, but as much I'd like to go faster and read, finish everything tomorrow, I don't like the feeling when I finish something, you know that nostalgia... So I hope to take time and to enjoy every moment. Of course running away from spoilers will be my main goal, since I really hate it. But my main reason to join was the fact that none of my friends enjoy these kind of books, and I REALLY wanted to have someone to talk with... Well... let's see how it works. "but it was a beginning".

Enjoy, and take your time!  This is the one series I wish I could forget so that I could experience it new once again.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:54 PM, ines said:

For now I'm still half way the second book, I know it is only at the beginning, but as much I'd like to go faster and read, finish everything tomorrow, I don't like the feeling when I finish something, you know that nostalgia...

I know exactly what you mean! End of book or series depression ... lol ...

Anyhoo, welcome to DM - I hope you will have a lovely time here, with people who also love the WoT. I too don't have any friends who are into it, so I was very glad to find Dragonmount ?