DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

EmreY

11 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

2. Depending on where you put Aviendha's level of influence and standing among the Aiel post Last Battle (and remember she carries their honor at Merrilor) 5 of the 6-10 most powerful women in the world know that Rand is alive, leaving, and are fine with it. The Amyrlin Seat, the Seachan Doomseer, the High Queen of the Borderlanders, the Queen of Andor, and the Rising star of the Aiel Wise Ones all want him to go away and heal. Well, I'm not sure Cadsuane wants him to heal, but definitely wants him to go away.

One thing - Nynaeve doesn't know, and is upset that the people who should be the most upset aren't.  She's not stupid, so eventually she'll figure it out.  Much the same way Cadsuane did.  But she doesn't know right now.

However, your number 5 seems to be correct, since Alivia apparently knows.  Since she got him the supplies (and money) he needed in order to disappear.  And she is supposedly the strongest female channeler born in the Third Age.

11 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

3. With all of the changes in leadership - almost every ruler dead in the 2 years covered by WoT - it is critical that they work out their new relationships and approaches between each other without the expectation of the Emperor Lews Therin Telamon being at the top of the power pyramid. For Rodel, Darlin, the guy in Illian, Perrin / Faile, and Lan, they need to figure out how to be independent kings, and not vassals. Even the channelling community needs to self-determine their new relationships in the world, since I doubt Caddy would carry forward with Egwene's plans for the Towers relationships with other societies.

Given Cadsuane's "alliance" with Sorilea, I doubt she would discard Egwene's plans for the Aiel, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she tries with the Sea Folk.  The Kin are a more interesting question, since they are pretty much already attached to the Tower's authority.  Just no longer in secret.

After her conversation with Rand right before he left for Shayol Ghul, she seems much more open to being friends with the Black Tower than people might think.  And certainly uninterested in being their enemies.

Edited by Andra

49 minutes ago, Andra said:

One thing - Nynaeve doesn't know, and is upset that the people who should be the most upset aren't.  She's not stupid, so eventually she'll figure it out.  Much the same way Cadsuane did.  But she doesn't know right now.

However, your number 5 seems to be correct, since Alivia apparently knows.  Since she got him the supplies (and money) he needed in order to disappear.  And she is supposedly the strongest female channeler born in the Third Age.

Given Cadsuane's "alliance" with Sorilea, I doubt she would discard Egwene's plans for the Wisdoms, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she tries with the Sea Folk.  The Kin are a more interesting question, since they are pretty much already attached to the Tower's authority.  Just no longer in secret.

After her conversation with Rand right before he left for Shayol Ghul, she seems much more open to being friends with the Black Tower than people might think.  And certainly uninterested in being their enemies.

I'm expecting that Nynaeve figures it out about 10 minutes after she start's her convo with the injured Aviendha "I chose you because you couldn't run away, now talk" It was an obvious off panel conversation, imo.

Alivia may be among the most powerful channellers, but I was referring to political power, not channelling, since Rand's continuing involvement would be a geo-political concern.

1 minute ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I'm expecting that Nynaeve figures it out about 10 minutes after she start's her convo with the injured Aviendha "I chose you because you couldn't run away, now talk" It was an obvious off panel conversation, imo.

Alivia may be among the most powerful channellers, but I was referring to political power, not channelling, since Rand's continuing involvement would be a geo-political concern.

Yeah, I re-read that after I posted, and realized you were talking about power, not Power.  Mostly because I mistook who you meant by the Seanchan Doomseer. :blush:

On 1/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, EmreY said:

Perpetual optimist that I am, I've been thinking through to the very end of the series.  Three things in particular:

First

Hide contents

The Rand<->Moridin switch.  Not my favourite moment in the books, will it appear as a cop-out in the TV series?  And how would you film it?

Second

Hide contents

Rand-as-Moridin.  Jarring?  Though I think this could be easily overcome.

Third

Hide contents

Do we want an epilogue, or is a short talk with, say, Min enough, plus pipe?

How would you do them?  Any thoughts?

The Body switch is a key part of the end of the prophecy, there are 2 easy ways they can do this visually and not confuse the audience because it has been done many times in TV and Film. 

You Show Josha looking in a mirror seeing the face of Moridin, Josha then walks away and in other reflections you see his true face looking back at you indicating he has taken a different body. 

You show Moridins body but, when he looks in a mirror you see Joshas face, when he talks he talks with Joshas voice indicating to the audience the switch has happened. 

In many ways it is something that is far easier to show on the screen then have to try and describe on the page, but, it is clear that it is one of the concepts RJ came up with at or very near the start of writing the series so changing it would mean changing the ending RJ created. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I almost feel like they should do everything at the end through implication. Through the ladies link behavior etc. and focus on the pipe. Sometimes less is more. I’m worried they will do too much to try and show it and it will come off as odd or be a bad visual. They should make it David Lynch like and make it surreal if they want it to be a visual, make it interesting. One change I would love is if on the hill Bella walks up and the actor shows familiarity to the character. After he hops on, lights the pipe. Gives a wry smile and Clint Eastwood’s over the hill. 

Edited by JaimAybara
Added explanation