DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Practice yard

Robert Laurel

Elaine sat in one corner of the [practice yard, cross-legged in meditation, her heron-marked sword resting on her crossed legs. She opened her eyes, rose to her feet and began practicing her sword forms. She moved with the fluid grace of the trained dancer and acrobat she was.

Elaine turned to face a target set up in front of bales of hay in the middle of the yard. a small flex of her wrist,  and two throwing knives sprang into hands from where they had been concealed in wrist sheaths of   her sleeves. A quick of the wrist, and the two knives were in the center of the target. In quick succession four mire followed in making a perfect circle in the gold.

• 2 weeks later...

Elaine pulled her throwing knives out of the target and carefully put them away. She went into the office put her sword on the rack and donned the heavy practice armor and picked up one of the practice swords. She walked out into the practice yard and called out loudly. "I'm cranky. It's my time of the month. I want to take it out on somebody. Any volunteers?"