DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

5 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

We don't know if they are going to give all the Damane the tattoos, or it's possible these ones were taken from Shara. I dunno

Those looked the sul'dam, not the damane.

Unless there are damane with the same tattoos, it would be impossible to pass one off as the other just by changing her dress and giving her a pacifier.

• 3 months later...

Hi, my first post after just reading for ages.

I didn't notice until I rewatched it just now, but they actually are wearing collars and bracelets. They bear literally zero resemblance to the description in the books, but they are there minus the leashes. The collar is gold and massive. 

The pacifiers must be something else. Too many damane speak for it to be a permanent fixture.

Edited to add, the tattoos could just be face paint but either way doesn't that just complicate things later on for no real reason? Mat has to take a makeup artist into the damane kennels now!

Edited by critchy

46 minutes ago, critchy said:

Hi, my first post after just reading for ages.

I didn't notice until I rewatched it just now, but they actually are wearing collars and bracelets. They bear literally zero resemblance to the description in the books, but they are there minus the leashes. The collar is gold and massive. 

The pacifiers must be something else. Too many damane speak for it to be a permanent fixture.

Edited to add, the tattoos could just be face paint but either way doesn't that just complicate things later on for no real reason? Mat has to take a makeup artist into the damane kennels now!

Mat is a make-up artist!

Though I imagine that scene can change - if it is included at all...