DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm new, love me please!

ArrosWinhadren

A little dramatic perhaps, but thanks for looking at my topic. I discovered the Wheel of Time about 4 years ago when I started high school but I stopped being interested around book 5. I started over and re-read the series a while ago and I stayed fascinated all the way through, and decided I wanted to be more involved in the WoT community. I've just joined DragonMount, so I need some help getting around the site. The only forum I'm used to posting on is GameFaqs (a site devoted to video games for those who don't know), and the community there is . . . different. Anyways, I need some suggestions about what to do now that I'm a proud member of the DragonMount community.

I've heard mention of Organizations that I can join. How do I do so, which one should I join, and what do I do once I'm in one?

Sorry 'bout the wall o' text, and thanks for your time!

Hey Arros,

Different orgs are for different parts.

I'll summarize a couple...

Seanchean - The entertainment org. TV, movies, etc.

Illuminators - Art org. Whether it be computer gfx, drawing, painting, woodwork. This is the coolest one :shock:

I don't know the others, but I'm sure someone will be around to tell you about them. Best bet would be to go to their subforum and read a little bit about what they do.

How to join one? On your top right there is a "Usergroups", click that and it's all pretty self-explanatory past there.

PS. Fiddlesticks is evil, but if you like to spam that's the forum for you!

I don't suppose there's an organization for wannabe computer programmers? Btw' date=' I tried to add an avatar, but when I went to the gallery nothing showed up . . . I also don't suppose I can upload my own avatar?[/quote']

Hey Arros,

The computer programming org is The Illuminators. I don't think there are any other programmers besides my self that are in the org. What language are you looking for help with? I myself know Java, C++, and vB!

As for your avatar, you can upload it by putting it on Photobucket or any other photo uploading site. Simply put the link in the white box given.

Cheers,

Essy

Guest Barmacral

Look at the very top Announcement on this forum, it will tell you everything you ever needed to know about the Orgs and where to look for book discussion and so on. The Seanchan are all about entertainment, I believe the black tower is the gaming Org, the White Tower is all about being cool, or something like that, The Illuminators is about excersising your creativity, the band is all about music and I believe travel.

Fiddlesticks is a great forum for anything that just doesn't belong anywhere else, however it is NOT an org, SboydW or Kait may tell you otherwise, but thats just because they want it to be an Org.

After you have explored the Orgs a bit and found some you want to join, go to Usergroups, select an Org and click View Information, then click Join Usergroup.

Some Orgs you will join instantly, some will require approval, don't worry about it, you will ALWAYS gain approval, those are just there for reasons such as spam protection or some such thing.

You don't have to join an Org to particpate, for example, I regularly post in the Spammers Challenge, however, I am not among the Kin's numbers.

I hope that helps, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Egwene is our official newbie welcomer and will help you in more ways than I've thought of. :D

Look at the very top Announcement on this forum' date=' it will tell you everything you ever needed to know about the Orgs and where to look for book discussion and so on. The Seanchan are all about entertainment, I believe the black tower is the gaming Org, the White Tower is all about being cool, or something like that, The Illuminators is about excersising your creativity, the band is all about music and I believe travel.

Fiddlesticks is a great forum for anything that just doesn't belong anywhere else, however it is NOT an org, SboydW or Kait may tell you otherwise, but thats just because they want it to be an Org.

After you have explored the Orgs a bit and found some you want to join, go to Usergroups, select an Org and click View Information, then click Join Usergroup.

Some Orgs you will join instantly, some will require approval, don't worry about it, you will ALWAYS gain approval, those are just there for reasons such as spam protection or some such thing.

You don't have to join an Org to particpate, for example, I regularly post in the Spammers Challenge, however, I am not among the Kin's numbers.

I hope that helps, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Egwene is our official newbie welcomer and will help you in more ways than I've thought of. :D[/quote']

I think this is the first time me and Barm had helpful posts in ONE thread. Both of us at the same time! :shock:

Thanks all! Replies are still welcome, but the Black Tower looks like the Org for me! Can you join multiple Orgs? I would join the Illuminators but I may just be the most untalented person ever. Boo hoo.

As for what languages I know, I took a couple of Java classes at a local community college and I know some modest HTML, but my programmer status is as I said before - wannabe. I'm still okay though, since I'm only a senior in high school, so I still have some time before I can be expected to actually know something useful. :)

Guest Barmacral

You can join any and as many Orgs as you want. The smiths chapterhouse is the specific one that you will want in the Illuminators. Don't worry, you don't have to be an artist to join em!

Look at the very top Announcement on this forum' date=' it will tell you everything you ever needed to know about the Orgs and where to look for book discussion and so on. The Seanchan are all about entertainment, I believe the black tower is the gaming Org, the White Tower is all about being cool, or something like that, The Illuminators is about excersising your creativity, the band is all about music and I believe travel.

I hope that helps, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Egwene is our official newbie welcomer and will help you in more ways than I've thought of. :D[/quote']

I think this is the first time me and Barm had helpful posts in ONE thread. Both of us at the same time! :shock:

it's actually not the first time. but kait won't bother telling you when you did this before because neither of you will believe her anyways no matter what she says. sigh.

but yeah - arros, normally we all jump you & let the first "pick" you up to help you build a network of links on DM, but eggy isn't here yet so you'll have to wait for her. sorry about that! if she comes & passes you off, then pass to whoever she chooses =)

-kait

Guest Emperor

Eeh... the BT and SC kind of share different realms of gaming... The Seanchan focus more on consoles and PC while the BT focuses on yahoo and pogo.. and they are creating their own MMO... or whatever they are called.

Anyway, welcome to DM.

their thing. the things are all creating their things. & the things of the things are all creating their things. & now we have the things of the things of the things of the things.

at least from kait's POV. she hasn't checked that announcement yet =P

Archived