DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey Ya'll

VooDooNut

I was bad and started conversing weeks before doing this introduce-yourself, but nevertheless hi, hello, how ya'll doing?

This series is perhaps my favorite written work of all time, though I am painfully aware of how ignorant of the SciFi/Fantasy genre I am. My brother actually introduced me to this series as a kid. He would tell me stories (that I thought he made up) about mysterious worlds of magic and fantasy. I distinctly remember him telling me the story of EF5 venturing into Shadar Logoth and the taint of that place, or was it the blight, and something about a dagger?? ? At that age I found myself far more obsessed with Piers Anthony's Xanth series oddly enough. I probably read fifteen of those awfully punny books in 5th grade.

It wasn't until years later that I'd pick back up the WOT books and eventually read through (most) of them. Honestly, I skimmed the 8-9 books initially, and regretted that decision in hindsight. I'm on a re-read of the whole series now and currently at The Path Of Daggers. It's been a surreal experience for me to really, finally ingest these books in a much more knowledgeably manner. And what a beautiful experience it is.

Forums like this site make the process of reading through a series this complex all the more enjoyable. Thank you all, and especially the peeps who keep the lights on and running, for letting me hang out and converse with you about my favorite fantasy series.

P.S. I'm working on a name-change for this forum. Probably going to be Siswai'Souvra or Siswai al'Souvra "Spear Of The Mind" once I get admin approval so hopefully there's no confusion there!

1 minute ago, CaddySedai said:

Welcome welcome. Xanth was indeed a ton of fun. 

What brought you specifically to look for an online community? ?

In one word: necessity. I can't imagine getting the same understanding and joy out of reading a series like this without a community to discuss ideas with and explore the lore. I've only been lurking for a couple months, but already I've read so many eye-opening interpretations and explanations of events throughout the series.

It's also a great time to join, IMO, because of the popularity of the show and how much discussion that's been generated around it.

Mostly, I'm just excited to share my passion for exploring this world with a community of friendly peeps interested in doing the same!

7 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Lol just be prepared for sometimes… spirited discussion about the show. 

Friendly tho, that we do well. Tis why I’ve stuck around since darn near the start of it haha. 

I'm all for that friendly, spirited banter. ? Like I said, I'm still not fully through a more dedicated re-read, so I'm going to withhold a lot of my opinions (at least in the books discussion section) until I'm through it again. And I'm glad there are so many diverse opinions on this forum. Certainly many things in the series pose questions that can be answered, but other aspects of the story are fun to explore the possibilities of what could be without a need for a definitive answer.

I am actually very impressed at how long you and others have been on this forum. That must mean there's something quite special here!

Edited by VooDooNut
redundancy

3 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Yeah, I have to give props to the people who keep RPing lol. 

I lasted through the first plot reset and drifted to the social side. heheh

The RP section of the site is fascinating. I don't know if I'll ever participate in it, but I love that it exists and I enjoy perusing it. Mostly I just like to nerd out with my fellow nerds/fans and be social. ?