DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prophecies, Viewings and Foreshadowing

JenniferL

Since the show has altered some of the prophecies, or characters are interpreting them differently, let’s have a thread to discuss those. 

Min seeing a vision of Rand holding a baby really threw me off for a minute. But when they spoke earlier I realized that she was talking about the baby she saw Tam holding in Tar Valon. An interesting change. 

The gold rings and white flames are obviously supposed to be the Flame of Tar Valon and the aes Sedai rings. But I do wonder if Nynaeve’s ring will turn out to be Lan’s instead? 

Personally disappointed that Min only saw the golden eyes on Perrin, and not an Axe and Hammer. Maybe she withheld that from Mori, kinda like she seemed to hold back info on Rand till he asked...

The golden ring made me think of Lan. White flame makes me think of Eggy & future purpose in the White Tower. 

1 hour ago, JenniferL said:

Since the show has altered some of the prophecies, or characters are interpreting them differently, let’s have a thread to discuss those. 

Min seeing a vision of Rand holding a baby really threw me off for a minute. But when they spoke earlier I realized that she was talking about the baby she saw Tam holding in Tar Valon. An interesting change. 

The gold rings and white flames are obviously supposed to be the Flame of Tar Valon and the aes Sedai rings. But I do wonder if Nynaeve’s ring will turn out to be Lan’s instead? 

I think Min was singular with the Gold Ring, and Moiraine looked less than impressed at that. So...Lan's

1 hour ago, JenniferL said:

Did not look the same - black hair in the tavern, reddish on dragonmount.

Ok, in order, Min's viewings and my thoughts. Don't think this needs spoilertext? Anyway:

• Perrin: golden eyes, blood running running down his chin. Definitely wolf related, although the blood might be more symbolic of violence
  • Rand: holding a dark haired baby. Rand's gonna be a dad!
  • "The girls": white flame and a ring of gold. The Flame of Tar Valon (readers know), and my first thought was a crown but other's said Lan's ring and I like that better; either works. Could also be their Aes Sedai rings
  • All four: they're all linked; sparks of light trying to fill the shadows, and the shadows trying to swallow the sparks. The importance of all the Emond's Fielders working together to fight the Shadow. Pretty much word for word from the books
  • Moiraine: the Amrylin Seat in full regalia will be your downfall. Wording matters; this ain't about Siuan
  • Tam in her past in TV: snow and blood, a baby born on the slopes of Dragonmount, raised in a wooden house beside fields of sheep in a sleepy village between two rivers, that baby was something impossible. Self explanatory, this has happened now
  • Rainbows and carnivals and three beautiful women. Min acts like she's joking BUT! The three beautiful women are the ones in Rand's polycule romantically attached to him; the rainbows could be the ones he causes in the future when his mere presence starts warping the Pattern to counter the Dark One's touch; carnivals = valan luca confirmed!
  • "Do you see the Eye of the World?" "Wish I didn't. You seem like a decent person. Do I make it back? *silence*" Ok, so obviously Rand lives through this, but he's going to come back very changed and traumatized. That's my interpretation.

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, themann1086 said:

All four: they're all linked; sparks of light trying to fill the shadows, and the shadows trying to swallow the sparks. The importance of all the Emond's Fielders working together to fight the Shadow. Pretty much word for word from the books

Except that was all of them - Lan Moiraine Mat and Thom included.

7 hours ago, JenniferL said:

So much of what Min said could be interpreted more than one way, so I definitely took the gold ring to be Lan's signet ring.

Rainbows -- The Aes Sedai, perhaps? Or the swirly colours all three ta'veren see near the end of the series?

I'm pretty sure the whole thing about the baby being impossible alludes to Min falling in love with Rand. Min's tone there suggests she was more annoyed than awed.

I'm curious how the Amyrlin will be the cause of Moiraine's downfall. That could mean anything or nothing, really.

8 hours ago, themann1086 said:

Rainbows and carnivals and three beautiful women. Min acts like she's joking BUT! The three beautiful women are the ones in Rand's polycule romantically attached to him; the rainbows could be the ones he causes in the future when his mere presence starts warping the Pattern to counter the Dark One's touch; carnivals = valan luca confirmed!

I took the rainbow and carnival part as something Min tossed in to throw Rand off the 3 beautiful women part.

14 minutes ago, themann1086 said:
29 minutes ago, Sabio said:

I took the rainbow and carnival part as something Min tossed in to throw Rand off the 3 beautiful women part.

I agree that's likely where they're going. But where's the fun in not reading deeply into every single word? ?

Book Min might obfuscate or deflect but she never lied outright about one of her viewings.

Is it a lie?  The three beautiful women is true, but just saying that would open up alot of questions about it, so toss in a few things to make is seem like a joke. Not really a lie but also avoids having to answer questions.

Though I was thinking the Carnival could be the Foregate.

10 minutes ago, Sabio said:

Is it a lie?  The three beautiful women is true, but just saying that would open up alot of questions about it, so toss in a few things to make is seem like a joke. Not really a lie but also avoids having to answer questions.

Though I was thinking the Carnival could be the Foregate.

Yes saying that something was in a viewing that was not in a viewing would be a lie about a viewing.  Min is very strict about this - illustrating the strong difference in the books between near unbreakable honour codes and the often evaded first oath.

9 hours ago, themann1086 said:

Ok, in order, Min's viewings and my thoughts. Don't think this needs spoilertext? Anyway:

• Moiraine: the Amrylin Seat in full regalia will be your downfall. Wording matters; this ain't about Siuan

Thoughts?

I'm on the fence with this one.  I wonder if its an allusion to Siuan's dreams being manipulated, because the DO wants the DR at the Eye.