DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your favorite video breakdown to watch after each episode?

None, tbh. I just follow the forum and if I missed anything, it goes in my 'rewatch guide' to loom out for when I have time to rewatch the whole show.

I am now tending towards re-watching it in January, when I think I'll have some extra time. Which is also why I dont waste my time on YouTube.

Also: dont miss out on inftroducing yourself in the forums ? : https://dragonmount.com/forums/forum/72-introduce-yourself/

Welcome to the forum, in advance ?

Edited by Daenelia

Daniel Greene is usually solid, but Snoozy K and the Everyday Negroes are my favorites right now. Snoozy K does fresh book analysis/predictions and compares it to the show, and Everyday Negroes just do the show I think, but definitely check them out. Particularly if you’ve read the series a bunch of times because it’s fun to see it through a first time read/watch perspective. 

Daniel Greene, LesbiNerdy, Nae'blis all provide solid breakdowns and all have differing view points on which what is important which helps.

For reaction videos I am absolutely loving pReview'd.  The duo has 1 book reader and 1 nonbook reader and it is interesting to see how each react. 

Also Everyday Negroes has been pretty awesome in terms of reaction, "Brother Book!" & "Medieval Mick Jagger"

1 hour ago, Elder_Haman said:

Another shoutout to Everday Negroes. Also Unravelling the Pattern. My amount of spare time varies, but those are the two that I will not miss.

Yes, those are the two that I'm watching. One for a very entertaining view of how anyone new to the story might be seeing the show.  The other for the best analysis of all the details that I might have missed.

The only one that I have not seen mentioned - and I enjoy all the ones shared so far - that is a true breakdown discussion is Reading the Pattern.

KritterXD also does enoyable (imo) reaction videos - most of her work is on TikTok but she puts some of it on YT (where I get to enjoy it).

Just queued up a seriously unwatchable amount of YT videos....for real, if I get to 10% I'll be lucky :).

So much fun to have new WoT content to discuss, and I'm excited to see some of the non-reader reactions. I haven't been able to convince any of my non-reader friends or coworkers to watch yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

Edited by elteryon
Thx

Unravelling the pattern is great for informed recaps, but I have to say I'm enjoying the complete newbies more than WoTheads.

I really enjoy and would recommend redlaytee's channel if you're interested in non-reader reactions because she asks loads of really great questions and theorises as she goes. It's fun to see where she's on the mark but also fun to see what she misunderstands and what the show sets up for someone else who is watching a bit more attentively than some others.

as @Skipp said the preview'd guys are a pretty fun too - one who is completely new to it and one who has read the books and clearly loves lots but doesn't remember all and doesn't want to spoil his friend.

I also really enjoy the Reaction Dragonz and All Maverick channels because they're quite attentive group watches and clearly make some effort to get things right (ie making notes on names) while theorising and just enjoying the actual show, though they are a couple of eps behind still.

Edited by DermidAjala

Just discovered another Breakdown video (and podcast) called WoTSpoilers.   About to check out Epi1 breakdown.   But apparently there is a a theory that in Ep3 (and this will be discussed in their Ep3 breakdown) the miners of Breens Spring are not mining ore, but AoL artifacts.

And of course don't forget DragonMount has its own podcast that discusses each episode.   I think they can be accessed both on the site & on YT. 

Got through an initial screen of Episode 1 reviews from some of the recommended options.

I will be finding time for Everyday Negroes. Love the takes and Sister Strongjaws is just impeccable.

Unravelling the Pattern had a ton of good content, but I found myself struggling to pay attention. Might have been the late night/binge of reaction videos. Will definitely give it another shot.

Thought Naeblis, pReview'd, Daniel Greene were decent, but only have so much time and those will be a luxury.