DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Request for questions: Interview with Taylor Napier

Jason Denzel

• Administrator

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow, Friday, December 10, our podcast team may get the chance to interview actor Taylor Napier from The Wheel of Time. I say "may" because the interview isn't confirmed yet. As with many things in this production, we never know until the last second whether it will play out as expected. 

But for now, assuming we have the opportunity to speak with him, we would love to hear your questions. Please help us out! Reply to this thread with questions you'd like us to ask. We'll only have a short time, but we'll do our best to ask him the best questions. 

As a reminder, Taylor plays the role of Maksim, who is one of Alanna's warders. 

WOFT_S1_UT_104_200113_THIJAN_00292_1.jpg

WOFT_S1_UT_104_200115_THIJAN_00440_1.jpg

Let me know!

Jason

Taylor,

Maksim (as Owein) is a character in the book series, but we don't really know him very well at all compared to many other characters. Did you feel like it was more difficult to play a character who doesn't have a distinctly memorable personality from the book series, or was it easier to start from scratch, compared to your fellow cast members like Priyanka Bose or Daniel Henney whose characters people know very well.

3 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

How could that work if the warder can't channel?

No idea. Perhaps through the aid of a ter'angreal? I just remember Stepin saying that they "bonded themselves to each other." I've found that more often than not, the hints of changes we get from little snippets like this end up panning out, so I want to know how they are handling it on the record.

Edited by TheMountain

1 hour ago, TheMountain said:

In the show, do Aes Sedai bond their Warders (which becomes an interesting consent issue later in the books), or is it more of a two-way thing where they both bond themselves to each other?

Only those that can use the One Power can bond, as a warder can not channel the bond can not be returned in the same way. Though the emotional connection and physical benefits are there. 

?

2 hours ago, Ralph said:

Which omitted scene from the book the Eye of the World (assuming you have read it) do you wish could have been in the show? 

The Dancing scene in Baerlon.  Where Rand stubbles his way through dancing with Nynaeve and Moiraine.

That is assuming we get the Tam fever dream in a flash back as speculated.

I'm a Dumb person, Forgot what thread I was in.  Leaving for posterity.

Edited by Skipp
clarification

1 hour ago, Arie said:

Only those that can use the One Power can bond, as a warder can not channel the bond can not be returned in the same way. Though the emotional connection and physical benefits are there. 

?

I totally get that, but the show has changed things before, and Stepin said "we bonded each other" instead of "she bonded me."