DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting - Who would YOU have cast if different from the show?

Deviations

9 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Head canon is head canon so can't dismiss anyone who doesn't like the casting based on appearance. 

Yeah, in my head cannon Min was like a young Winona Ryder, but but less ...whiney...I guess, especially the big brown eyes. I see Min as someone who is always aware that her emotions show on her face and is nearly always trying to hide them. You need someone who can act with their face and their eyes a lot better than the fairy tale lady. Zoë Robins has that skill. The lady who was Sasha on Walking Dead. Winona Ryder and Claire Danes. The lady playing Siuan is gooooood. I've never seen Kae Alexander in anything else, but so far I think they are doing pretty good, even though they don't match my head canon at all. ?

Just for fun we should try to find spots for Winona and Claire ?? 

Claire Danes is tall and a ballet dancer. Imagine her as a Maiden of the Spear?

Help with Winona.... ?‍♀️?

8 hours ago, Weird_Old_Lady said:

Yeah, in my head cannon Min was like a young Winona Ryder, but but less ...whiney...I guess, especially the big brown eyes. I see Min as someone who is always aware that her emotions show on her face and is nearly always trying to hide them. You need someone who can act with their face and their eyes a lot better than the fairy tale lady. Zoë Robins has that skill. The lady who was Sasha on Walking Dead. Winona Ryder and Claire Danes. The lady playing Siuan is gooooood. I've never seen Kae Alexander in anything else, but so far I think they are doing pretty good, even though they don't match my head canon at all. ?

Just for fun we should try to find spots for Winona and Claire ?? 

Claire Danes is tall and a ballet dancer. Imagine her as a Maiden of the Spear?

Help with Winona.... ?‍♀️?

Sonequa Martin-Green, she is so good! I absolutely love her in Star Trek Discovery as well. 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, Guest Testeria said:

Btw. isn't EoTW location in the show Indian? Like Nagar Sagar Kund or Rani ki Vav and many other step-wells of the region?

Arafel and Kandor are, Saldea is Persia . Alanna look like she is written in the books and played by Prianka Bose(Delhi) , Verin is played by Meera Syal (Punjabi/Delhi) and Eggy's mom is played by Lolita Chakrabarti(who is Bengali)

On 1/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, Cauthonfan4 said:

i would have gone more Mediterranean (Say Greek, Spanish or Italian) over India

As for casting choices - 

Rachel Weisz as Moiraine

Sam Elliot as Thom

Matt Bomer as Galad

Nathalie Emmanuel as Min

Sam Elloit is 77 and by the time this finishes would be 84 , Weisz is too old at 51 seeing as she is the Trakand kids aunt , Mat Bomer is 44 so Tigraine was -20 when she had him ,Nathalie Emmanuel would be good but she signed up for another 2 FF movies

14 hours ago, Humbugged2 said:

Sam Elloit is 77 and by the time this finishes would be 84 , Weisz is too old at 51 seeing as she is the Trakand kids aunt , Mat Bomer is 44 so Tigraine was -20 when she had him ,Nathalie Emmanuel would be good but she signed up for another 2 FF movies

While i agree with what you're saying, I basically started my fan casting like a decade ago when these people would have been well suited for the roles. I also think Weisz carries that ageless look far better then Pike does.

Edited by Cauthonfan4

17 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

While i agree with what you're saying, I basically started my fan casting like a decade ago when these people would have been well suited for the roles. I also think Weisz carries that ageless look far better then Pike does.

What ageless look ,it does not actually exist in the show

Bomer is 15 years too old now to have 20 year old sister and brother

Edited by Humbugged2

On 1/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, Humbugged2 said:

Arafel and Kandor are, Saldea is Persia . Alanna look like she is written in the books and played by Prianka Bose(Delhi) , Verin is played by Meera Syal (Punjabi/Delhi) and Eggy's mom is played by Lolita Chakrabarti(who is Bengali)

Did they *actually* confirm Verin as Meera Syal or is it just rumours that is who she is playing?

2 hours ago, Windigo said:

While Sam Elliott as Thom is a great look and he could carry off much of the role, I was actually hoping they would cast a Musician like The Canadian folk singer Valdy for the role,

image.jpeg.28b3827bb24337adacf6b28569a20e0d.jpeg

He is too big of a name but Sting would also fit my head cannon. Sting on New Album, Audio Memoir and Vegas Residency

Sam Elliot is 77 so he will be 80 odd when it finishes  and Valdy is 76

22 hours ago, Windigo said:

While Sam Elliott as Thom is a great look and he could carry off much of the role, I was actually hoping they would cast a Musician like The Canadian folk singer Valdy for the role,

image.jpeg.28b3827bb24337adacf6b28569a20e0d.jpeg

He is too big of a name but Sting would also fit my head cannon. Sting on New Album, Audio Memoir and Vegas Residency

Sting would have been fun!

On 1/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, Humbugged2 said:

What ageless look ,it does not actually exist in the show

Bomer is 15 years too old now to have 20 year old sister and brother

Must say, this is one of my biggest disappointments with the Aes Sedai cast. Not one of them actually looks ageless as I thought they would. And I think it is quite possible, as they got great roles for the "witches" in the Witcher. That would have been more fitting for WoT cast I think.

Dont get me wrong, Rosamund Pike has really grown on me and she does a great job, but I miss a "younger" looking face.

I love Rand the most of all picks right now, I think he fits perfectly. The rest is all debateable ? Although Lan and Nyneave also have grown on me.

2 hours ago, Kattleya said:

Must say, this is one of my biggest disappointments with the Aes Sedai cast. Not one of them actually looks ageless as I thought they would. And I think it is quite possible, as they got great roles for the "witches" in the Witcher. That would have been more fitting for WoT cast I think.

Dont get me wrong, Rosamund Pike has really grown on me and she does a great job, but I miss a "younger" looking face.

I love Rand the most of all picks right now, I think he fits perfectly. The rest is all debateable ? Although Lan and Nyneave also have grown on me.

It would mean CGI ing about 100-200 characters regularly and that is the reason for no shape shifting cloaks

On 1/19/2022 at 1:45 AM, Humbugged2 said:

It would mean CGI ing about 100-200 characters regularly and that is the reason for no shape shifting cloaks

CGI would be too difficult, the only way I can think to do it would be to go for a more smooth skinned look using make up.