DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting - Who would YOU have cast if different from the show?

Deviations

Considering how tall the Aiel are supposed to be, and maidens are also supposed to be pretty fierce and mean, Karen Gillan is the obvious dream casting for Aviendha, but there's no realistic chance of getting someone who is already a major film star for a fairly small role like that. The big blue meany taking nonstop pot shots at Rand.

Fairness in advertising...

RJ described many of the characters as very, very good looking.  It's hard to live up to  the image in my head.  Real life just doesn't work that way.  The actors playing Egwene and Nynaeve were probably both the most attractive kids in their schools growing up, yet they aren't quite up to what I've always envisioned.  I think that's really MY issue to deal with.  A 'Hollywood' adaptation may have gone down my path, this isn't a typical "Hollywood" cast with the exception of Pike.

4 minutes ago, Deviations said:

Fairness in advertising...

RJ described many of the characters as very, very good looking.  It's hard to live up to  the image in my head.  Real life just doesn't work that way.  The actors playing Egwene and Nynaeve were probably both the most attractive kids in their schools growing up, yet they aren't quite up to what I've always envisioned.  I think that's really MY issue to deal with.  A 'Hollywood' adaptation may have gone down my path, this isn't a typical "Hollywood" cast with the exception of Pike.

Only characters whose gorgeous looks are important and come to my mind are Berelain, Galad, Graendal and Lanfear. Good luck finding actors that everyone would be happy with. ? Only few were explicitly described as ugly/not pleasant to look at. I'm really happy with the cast so far. They look good but are not supermodels (though some could be)

Lan, to me, is problematic.

His persona always seemed to radiate a "presence" that at time seemed rather threatening.

To those that has seen Schwarzenegger in "Commando" he was pretty much all about that. And with one look can intimidate;

8fI7.gif

Not saying he'd make the cut, since he's too big of a name. 

But that...presence is what I'd look for.

22 hours ago, AdamA said:

Considering how tall the Aiel are supposed to be, and maidens are also supposed to be pretty fierce and mean, Karen Gillan is the obvious dream casting for Aviendha, but there's no realistic chance of getting someone who is already a major film star for a fairly small role like that. The big blue meany taking nonstop pot shots at Rand.

You had to mention Karen Gillan as Aviendha.  Dang it!   

I still mis Amy and Rory Pond.

2 hours ago, Gothic Flame said:

Lan, to me, is problematic.

His persona always seemed to radiate a "presence" that at time seemed rather threatening.

To those that has seen Schwarzenegger in "Commando" he was pretty much all about that. And with one look can intimidate;

8fI7.gif

Not saying he'd make the cut, since he's too big of a name. 

But that...presence is what I'd look for.

if Arnold was in the series he would need his one liners.

Aginor, remember when I said I would kill you last?  I lied.

7 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

Morena Baccarin.   From Firefly, and from the Deadpool movies, and from Gotham, and Homeland.   

I always pictured her as my Moiraine. At this point I just want her in the series somehow someway. I would love to see her as Lanfear as well.

Edited by flinn

I'd love to see Ruth Negga cast in the show. I'm Irish so very biased but I think she is one of the best actresses around at the moment. I saw her playing Hamlet in Dublin a few years ago and it is honestly one of the greatest experiences of my life. She was electric. 

image.png.6e6fff045878bfe92f5f377bf073d80f.png

Edited by notpropaganda73

7 hours ago, notpropaganda73 said:

I'd love to see Ruth Negga cast in the show. I'm Irish so very biased but I think she is one of the best actresses around at the moment. I saw her playing Hamlet in Dublin a few years ago and it is honestly one of the greatest experiences of my life. She was electric. 

Ruth Negga in ANYTHING; she is brilliant.

On 12/21/2021 at 6:07 AM, notpropaganda73 said:

Min

On 12/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Yojimbo said:

Morena Baccarin.   From Firefly, and from the Deadpool movies, and from Gotham, and Homeland.   

Ahhhh.  I've seen the Deadpool movies but not the rest.  She has the chops for sure.