DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 6 Predictions

SinisterDeath

4 hours ago, MasterAblar said:

Oooooh what if her uncle saves her from the burning building? That gives even more weight to her later telling the story to Mat.

Obligatory Looney Theory....   The uncles saved Nyneave from the cellar of a burning building, revealing a connection to Tear for her.

Hopefully they start doing more with Rands character in E6 - he's more of a support role at the moment rather than a main character.

If they actually are going to reveal who the DR is in this series, which I am now doubting, it's getting pretty late to just reveal the DR as Rand.  At this stage it would be a 'eh? what? Meh?' moment.

That said - I think the majority of the episode will be centred around the AS and Morraine.

My guess is the episode will heavily focus on Siuan because a) she's a new character b) she can be used to demonstrate a lot of the Aes Sedai politics c) viewers need to care enough about her for her future political struggles to be interesting.

I think Siuan and Moiraine will definitely be revealed to have a romantic relationship -- past or present but there's gonna at least be considerable tension since we already saw Moiraine talking about Siuan in her sleep in one of the early episodes, which is like the ultimate (and cheesiest) TV trope to demonstrate true love. Am curious if we'll get Lan's reaction to any of this...maybe he'll go chill with Nyneave while they canoodle.

I also think Siuan will meet more of the main characters, I wouldn't be surprised if she at least meets Rand, Egwene, Nyneave, and maybe Perrin or Mat (Perrin might be trying to avoid attention/sulking somewhere, Mat might be too sick). Not sure if this will happen as a group or individually but I think all the interactions other than Egwene's are likely to be somewhat confrontational. Not sure if Moiraine will be present, but she'll probably either listen in somehow (with Siuan's consent) or have a recap with her after.

I thiiiiink in the books when we meet Siuan we also meet Verin? Not sure if we'll get her yet or not. Am hoping we get to see more characters from other Ajahs though, especially the browns. Am also hoping we get more hangout time in the inn with Loial, and maybe more dream sequences.

Is there a chance while we're in Tar Valon anyway that Nyneave will become accepted and Egwene a novice? I can also imagine that happening in the last episode of this season or the first of season 2 instead though.

Siuan will be another portrayal that will cause conversation.  From the clip I've seen, gone is the daughter of a fisherman.

Siuan from the book is a salt of the earth, force of will, frank in communication powerhouse.  The clip shows a regal politician who wouldn't have ever seen a silverpike.

Edited by Deviations

7 minutes ago, Deviations said:

gone is the daughter of a fisherman.

Do you think Siuan - as the Amyrlin seat - ever allowed anyone to think of her as the daughter of a fisherman? Not a chance. That vibe should be nowhere close to what she portrays when she's sitting in that chair.

29 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Do you think Siuan - as the Amyrlin seat - ever allowed anyone to think of her as the daughter of a fisherman? Not a chance. That vibe should be nowhere close to what she portrays when she's sitting in that chair.

Yeah...this episode will be all about the games that Siuan and Moraine are playing to protect the Dragon Reborn.

Trying to foretell events in Randland V2.0 is not easy.  Given I don't think they get to the Eye in this season I think there will be more lore about the Aes Sedai passed along.  Siuan and Moraine are cold towards each other at best.  Some or all of the suspects dream of the Eye of the World when Balzamon tells them that the Eye will never serve them but only him.   A Grey Man tries to kill a couple of our suspects.  An Aiel comes to the gates of TV with the same tale as in the book.  Moraine decides they need to got to the EOTW so into the ways they go.  Maybe they all escape the black wind and maybe they don't and it is time to kill a character GOT style.  

Edited by Spiritweaver1
Add W to EOT

59 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

She's pretty blunt almost anywhere we see her in the books.  She never lets anyone forget that she's the daughter of a fisherman.

16 minutes ago, Deviations said:

She's pretty blunt almost anywhere we see her in the books.  She never lets anyone forget that she's the daughter of a fisherman.

No. No, no, no, no, no.

As the Amyrlin Seat, she would never have ever let anyone know that she was a fisherman's daughter. And she would have come down like a bag of hammers on any Aes Sedai that treated her like one.

2 hours ago, Maximillion said:

Hopefully they start doing more with Rands character in E6 - he's more of a support role at the moment rather than a main character.

If they actually are going to reveal who the DR is in this series, which I am now doubting, it's getting pretty late to just reveal the DR as Rand.  At this stage it would be a 'eh? what? Meh?' moment.

That said - I think the majority of the episode will be centred around the AS and Morraine.

The episode details on Rotten Tomatoes claims episode 7 is when the identity of the dragon reborn is revealed. I'm guessing that's when the Tigraine flashback from the trailer happens. He'll definitely need to do more in 6 for it to feel earned.

Sorry, we are going to disagree here.  She's proud of her heritage.  She thinks wealthy/noble Moraine is spoiled.  She constantly uses phases like "you'll find yourself caught in a net full of silverpikes".  She's the Seat because of her strength, not her birth or upbringing.

1 hour ago, Deviations said:

Siuan will be another portrayal that will cause conversation.  From the clip I've seen, gone is the daughter of a fisherman.

Siuan from the book is a salt of the earth, force of will, frank in communication powerhouse.  The clip shows a regal politician who wouldn't have ever seen a silverpike.

I guess we'll see if people here agree, but the six-episode screener reviews all seemed to agree episode 6 was the high point of what they saw and Sophie Okonedo was the best actor in the cast and a great scene stealer who makes the episode.

episode 6 is kind of a wildcard episode.  don't really have any idea what will happen other than lots of Siuan meetings with Moiraine, Egwene, etc.

I also wonder how they will keep Matt from getting healed in tar valon.  will Fain steal the dagger this episode?  it makes sense, but then what would Fains motives be for going to Fal Dara?  Also, will the horn of Valere be found in the Eye or somewhere else?  So many questions.  

Finally what would cause then to leave Tar Valon abruptly on the way to the Eye?  Would Siuan really tolerate them leaving Tar Valon and facing imminent danger near the blight?  Lots of unanswered questions so can't make too many theories myself yet

7 hours ago, mogi68 said:

2 coppers says the whole party won't be reunited until they meet at the Waygate, and that's where this photo is from

BABC358D-C7F3-4B83-B7C6-260BD93B2DA6_1_105_c.jpeg

Seems like a hopeful moment for R & E. However, I wonder if this is when they bid each other adieu. Perhaps E doesn't travel with R through the Ways to Fal Dara, and she and sick Mat stay at TV?

13 hours ago, Maximillion said:

Before it was taken down on IMDB, the synopsis for Ep 7 stated that

Spoiler

the identity of the DR was revealed.

Not sure if we treat this as gospel but it was there at one stage.

Sorry, just noticed this was already posted above.

Edited by Terry05
Someone already posted this information