DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne/Birgitte warder bond side effects

Loialson

Help me here guys if you can, I've searched the forums with no luck so far.

Where in the books is it explicitly stated that the female/female warder bond between Birgitte and Elayne is having unique side effects from the traditional female/male bonds. I found some quotes about how their emotions mirror each other, but I can't seem to find a quote stating that it's doing it in a  different way than warders normally work.

I remember it was a thing, but I can't find the sources and citations in book and chapter with quotes, and it's driving me crazy. 

I'm having a discussion with another book reader who is super convinced I made that up and won't believe me that it happened without citations and quotes ???.  Feeling a bit gaslit here and want to back that up haha!

Crown of Swords, Chapter 21, Swovan Night

"Don't look at me that way," Birgitte said. "You know more than I do. Aes Sedai and Warders have always been men and women before. Maybe that's the difference. Maybe we are too alike." Her grin was skewed slightly. There had not been near enough water in that pitcher. "That might be embarrassing, I suppose."

That's the first quote that comes to mind. There may be others.

You bloody helped her in this, didn't you?" she growled, focussing glassy-looking blue eyes on Aviendha. "First, she flaming vanishes out of my head, and then . . . !" She trembled, and visibly controlled herself, but even then she was breathing hard. Her legs did not seem to want to hold her upright.

-- A Lily In Winter, Winter's Heart, pg. 296

The scene goes on, but you get the idea. Birgitte and Elayne clearly mirror one another more than is typical for Aes Sedai and Warders.