DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

pyrusmole

I first picked up The Eye of the World about a decade ago when I left for college. I started with the audiobook since I needed something to listen during the long drives back home and when walking to classes in the morning. The story of 5 kids leaving home for the first time really struck a cord and I was instantly hooked. I ended up buying the rest of the audiobooks and reading along with copies from the local library of my college town. I've always "liked" fantasy but WOT is the first fantasy series I've ever loved. It might be the first book series I've ever loved. I really liked Harry Potter (I was in high school when the last movies were coming out) but it hasn't marked me the way Wheel of Time has.

So to be honest, I was pretty nervous about the new tv show. I expected us to get the MTV Shanara chronicles treatment with a series that only had token respect for the lore. So far I've been pretty satisfied. I don't think it's perfect but it's pretty good TV. I've been watching it with my family, some of whom have read the series but most haven't, and people have been pretty satisfied so far.

Joined dragonmount to discuss the tv show and the books as I'm doing a show inspired reread.

Hi, welcome!

WOT was one of those series that I loved and then forgot about it and am now reminded how much I loved it. ... But I have given away all my HP books, both in Dutch and in English. I saw no re-reading there. It's done. But WOT seems to stick with me longer. Weird huh? ?