DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Calling Freelanders!!

Howdy everyone.  Just checking who is interested in creating freelancers and figuring out how we might all connect our stories, not necessarily backstories but at least at the pont our RP starts on these boards.

Let me know what you all are thinking and if anyone needs ideas or help getting their character written and finished.

I'm tempted to do some Freelanders, but my main interest lies in the "outlier" cultures--Seanchan, Atha'an Miere and Aiel. Mostly the Seanchan. On the old RP boards, while it didn't really work since most RPers weren't around, I had a Seanchan House where anyone who wanted to RP had to have some connection to that House so we had a reason to RP together. I would love to set that up here. The House was controlled by PoV through both a sul'dam and so'jhin, so the High Lady was still an NPC but it allowed stuff to happen. Sort of like DMing a campaign, but set in Seanchan. If people have interest in that I will definitely bring it here!

I'm doing a psuedo Freelander. I went with Tar Valon based, since I'm sure that will be one of the main cities that sees play. I'm not sure how many people you're expecting, but picking  one or two other hubs would be my suggestion with a common locale(s) (Inn, Bar, Market) where folks would cross paths. Probably Caemlyn or Cairhein, as they are relatively central, a reasonable travel time from Tar Valon, and have a substantial background in the books.

11 hours ago, Kalen said:

I'm doing a psuedo Freelander. I went with Tar Valon based, since I'm sure that will be one of the main cities that sees play. I'm not sure how many people you're expecting, but picking  one or two other hubs would be my suggestion with a common locale(s) (Inn, Bar, Market) where folks would cross paths. Probably Caemlyn or Cairhein, as they are relatively central, a reasonable travel time from Tar Valon, and have a substantial background in the books.

Sounds good. I will have a Freelander in Tar Valon as well.  I was more looking for something south in Illian or Tear or other places in Randland.  I'll get my Tar Valon Freelander written up.

12 hours ago, Jagen Sedai said:

I'm tempted to do some Freelanders, but my main interest lies in the "outlier" cultures--Seanchan, Atha'an Miere and Aiel. Mostly the Seanchan. On the old RP boards, while it didn't really work since most RPers weren't around, I had a Seanchan House where anyone who wanted to RP had to have some connection to that House so we had a reason to RP together. I would love to set that up here. The House was controlled by PoV through both a sul'dam and so'jhin, so the High Lady was still an NPC but it allowed stuff to happen. Sort of like DMing a campaign, but set in Seanchan. If people have interest in that I will definitely bring it here!

I saw your Atha'an Miere became an Aes Sedai.  Do you plan on doing another one?  If you do an Aiel, we can always come up with a way to have my wolfkin meet up with your Aiel in the south if they are seeking for He Who Comes With the Dawn.  I'd imagine your Aiel will be sticking to the wilderness and my character will certainly be doing that.  Happy to have a different Freelander to interact with any of your other outlier characters.  Like a Randlander from one of the cities the Seanchan take when they first arrive.  Let me know what sounds good.