DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stargate new series or reboot rumors?

Daenelia

It's been on and off, but there happen to be lots of rumors about a Stargate reboot, although it would probably be a new show with Sam Carter as the general leading the new Stargate command. Which would be great!

But it's been rumored for so long, I don't dare to hope. Not much. Just a little.

The sale of MGM to Amazon is a cataclyst, it seems. Apparently there are plans for a new series that have been put on hold for the take over and would probably be one of the franchises that Amazon could use for Prime Video.

Any fans or semifans here with ideas and opinions?

I think that they should make a series told from the PoV of the System Lords about their noble quest to eliminate the threat to their utopia posed by a technologically inferior people from a back-water planet.  The benevolent Apophis would make for a wonderful series lead.  Some blasphemers may attempt to sully his name but, we all know that he is as wise as he is loving.

Edited by Zarathustra

Well, they got me hyped up. ?

My guy however is still sceptical and thinks it won't happen. But I think Amazon has to do something with it, and exploit this franchise to set it apart. Much like how they wanted a certain fantasy series to be their corner of the fantasy series market.

And... there will certainly be some gatekeeping expected, seeing how many fans of the original did not take well to the last series (which I loved too, but I guess by now it is pretty clear I am pretty open minded about new takes, new angles and changes to originals... ? ?)

• Community Administrator
On 12/1/2021 at 3:06 AM, Daenelia said:

And... there will certainly be some gatekeeping expected, seeing how many fans of the original did not take well to the last series (which I loved too, but I guess by now it is pretty clear I am pretty open minded about new takes, new angles and changes to originals... ? ?)

I started a rewatch of Stargate: SG1 a year or two ago, and honestly the biggest problem it suffered as a series was it started to get a little to serialized, monster/problem/civilization of the week, where you could miss episodes and not miss anything. Then we'd get several seasons in a row where you couldn't miss a single episode. It also didn't age too well..

I only watched like... 3? Seasons of Atlantis, and 1.5 seasons of SGU.

Honestly didn't mind SGU to much, it just didn't hold my interest.

One day, I'll go back and rewatch all the episodes for all of them again.

As for a new show, I really hope that if it happens, they become a bit more consistent in direction.
Whether they want it to be a monster/problem/civilization of the week show, or have an engaging dramatic season spanning story. Something to differentiate it from CSI/NCIS, and Star Trek: Discovery/Picard.