DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will they handle..? (Book spoilers)

RhienneAgain

My husband and I are long time book fans and have just been speculating about how some potentially controversial plot points will be covered given how much the world has moved on since the books were written (and how these plot points may be taken).

In particular, we were thinking these ones could be really challenging for the show runners to adapt sensitively:

• Mat's relationship with Tylin
  • The nightmare Egwene inflicts on Nynaeve in Tel'aranrhiod
  • Rand's relationship with three women
  • Faile's treatment of Perrin before they are in a relationship, and then aspects of their relationship after they are married.

Do you think the show will cut or edit any of these? And if so, how could it be done well while still keeping the character's story arcs intact? Are there any other plot points you think could be tricky to put in front of a modern audience?

Edited by RhienneAgain

1 hour ago, RhienneAgain said:

• Mat's relationship with Tylin

I would see this getting either cut completely or greatly slimmed down.

• The nightmare Egwene inflicts on Nynaeve in Tel'aranrhiod

I don't really remember this one.  Getting the changes in their relationship might be tough.

• Rand's relationship with three women

Rafe has talked about keeping this in.  The brief bits you see of Alanna's warders might provide a hint for how they look at it.

I think the real risk is whether they convincingly pull off a poly relationship or just make it seem like Rand has a case of serial monogamy.   

• Faile's treatment of Perrin before they are in a relationship, and then aspects of their relationship after they are married.

I think they have done a good job setting up Perrin's Axe/Hammer issue.  A lot of the Faile/Perrin stuff can be played on the lighter comedic side from the start which may help with some of the book issues with that relationship.   I do really hope that they lose a bunch of the Lord/not-a-Lord stuff.    They can use Faile as a means to get Perrin through that question.   

I'm curious when Min will get introduced now.

Tylin is so far in the series we might never see it, but I see it being more of Mat and Tylin like one another instead of being so much about Tylin just assaulting Mat.  Seems like most the Tylin stuff could be taken out and not much would be lost.

Edited by Sabio