DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Agitel

I wanted to share Rafe's comments on Loial from his Reddit AMA in their own thread. 

Screenshot_20211124-130115_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c00006e3bfe9fd7895010b2306021b0.jpg.fa9ca714269ec83a393efa3c69fdd49d.jpg

I know many are going to be disappointed by Loial differing in some way (I'm guessing his height) from his book description, so I wanted to bring it to the forefront before people are blindsided by the change. And we can use this thread for any and all Loial changes, too.

Honestly, I know he's no longer towering over everyone, but looking at the one leaked photo I've seen he's a head taller than Perrin so I think we still get the dynamic if not quite in the level of magnitude we'd prefer.

(The leaker photo lets him seem smaller because of perspective, he's standing forward to Nynaeve who is standing forward of Perrin.)

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

Wonder if Ogier fierceness will come across if the show makes it to the last battle. Taller than trollocs to not so much. Not that size is everything. Wouldn’t want to mess with a badger or wolverine. Extreme fierceness in small packages. 

I thought Ogier were around 8-9 feet tall? And that would be the men with the women being a bit shorter. Trollocs are basically that height I believe.

I did see the pic and I did feel a little twinge of disappointment. But a choice between a shorter ogier and no Loial scenes ... If the actor can make me believe he is Loial that is all that matters. And this is a critical character for me. He's one of my favs. So it's gonna be hard, and I need to temper my expectations.

Because I do want to utterly adore him.

Edited by Daenelia

3 minutes ago, Daenelia said:

I did see the pic and I did feel a little twinge of disappointment. But a choice between a shorter ogier and no Loial scenes ... If the actor can make me believe he is Loial that is all that matters. And this is a critical character for me. He's one of my favs. So it's gonna be hard, and I need to temper my expectations.

Because I do want to utterly adore him.

I've seen a leaked close-up shot of his face and the official shot from Waygate. I think he is bigger than Rand and Perrin but I've not seen a good pic tl say for sure. He doesn't look like I imagined but if his character and voice are good then I'll just fix my headcanon