DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rafe Judkins Reddit AMA

DaddyFinn

11 minutes ago, Beidomon said:

Q: Do you think you missed a chance to make a really iconic episode set in Shadar Logoth? It’s my favorite section of EOTW and I felt it shouldn’t have been rushed over as you skipped Mordeth, the mydraal forcing the trollocs inside and maybe even padan fain’s experience there as an epilogue. Instead, it felt rushed and disappointing all around.
A: Did we skip all those things?

So, that’s cute, but yeah you totally rushed through Shadar Logoth, and it’s hard to understand why, given the amount invested in the set and how well you treated Winternight.

He may mean we'll see a flashback to Padan Fain (and maybe Mordeth?) In Shadar Logoth at some point in S1 or S2.

He gave a similar reply regarding Tam's fever dreams.

Edited by Agitel

Q: As I am sure you have seen a lot of fans of the books have had concerns about some changes, as I am sure you would have expected. However, a main one seems to be that a woman can be the dragon. Why was this change made if the Dragon is going to be the same anyway as it changes a lot in the world Jordan created e.g. the dragon if a woman can be trained by other woman in the tower etc, or touch Callandor.
A: The change we made was not just with the fact that a woman could be the Dragon, the core change we made was that people are NOT 100% convinced that these 3000 year old prophecies are 100% accurate. I think it feels a little bit more true to the world, and you see the characters questioning the prophecies of the Dragon and the details of it much more in the show than in the books (although there are some scenes in the books that show this as well, we’ve just expanded on that). It seems quite trusting for the Aes Sedai, who trust no one, and especially Moiraine, who trusts less than no one, to believe with 100% certainty ANYTHING that was written thousands of years ago

SMDH. THIS is the damage control they’ve settled on: “well, maybe they just don’t trust the prophesy.”

6 minutes ago, Agitel said:

He may mean we'll see a flashback to Padan Fain (and maybe Mordeth?) In Shadar Logoth at some point in S1 or S2.

He gave a similar reply regarding Tam's fever dreams.

I think that’s exactly what he means, but he was dodging the bigger complaint about way shortchanging Shadar Logoth. 

4 hours ago, Skipp said:

It also more loosely adapted the book compared to the first 2. There were some major changes to the story as I recall.

If you think that HP book purists weren't upset that the 3rd movie veered so heavily off book well I got some bad new for you.

33 minutes ago, Skipp said:

If you think that HP book purists weren't upset that the 3rd movie veered so heavily off book well I got some bad new for you.

I am still upset by the lack of quidditch shown in later movies.  Que sera sera.  

Edited by ArrylT