DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grayt Thanksgiving - Fantastic Feast

Elaevia

banners1.png.a18eb31a1f10a5cbf25f337477d67aff.png

Pile your plates high, and fill those glasses it's time for a celebration! Have a favourite Thanksgiving, autumn or winter receipe you'd like to share? Or not even the full receipe - what do you like to eat and drink as the year draws to a close

Making a pumpkin pie again this year.  Love all the baking that happens during this season.  Wife and daughters just made chocolate chip banana bread.

I made baked salmon today with a brown sugar and dijon mustard sauce on it.

But for Thanksgiving day I love just loading up my plate with mashed potatoes, turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and gravy and mixing it all up on my plate and eating it up using a roll or two or three to scoop it all up and clean the plate with and then enjoying the sweet potato casserole and pies afterwards.  I make sandwiches with all the leftovers the same way, by putting a little bit of each dish on a couple of slices of bread.  Best leftover meal. 

16 hours ago, Cross said:

dunno bout sharing since we havent tried it yet. but sis and i are excited to try some sugared cranberries this year

that sounds interesting - are they something that you eat like popcorn, or is it more like in a sugar syrup?

16 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

Let us know how they are.

I am hoping to get a slice of pecan pie. It is my favorite.

And I'm hoping to make some mashed sweet potatoes.

I have sweet potato fries quite a lot, but not in mashed form - going to have to change that soon!

10 hours ago, thehumantrashcan said:

Making a pumpkin pie again this year.  Love all the baking that happens during this season.  Wife and daughters just made chocolate chip banana bread.

But for Thanksgiving day I love just loading up my plate with mashed potatoes, turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and gravy and mixing it all up on my plate and eating it up using a roll or two or three to scoop it all up and clean the plate with and then enjoying the sweet potato casserole and pies afterwards.  I make sandwiches with all the leftovers the same way, by putting a little bit of each dish on a couple of slices of bread.  Best leftover meal. 

*looks at the banana bread and chocolate brownies in the freezer* don't know what you mean lol

1 hour ago, Elaevia said:

that sounds interesting - are they something that you eat like popcorn, or is it more like in a sugar syrup?

more popcorn like i think. they arent dripping in syrup, just more or less candy coated

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 10:49 PM, thehumantrashcan said:

Now This is how Thanksgiving is done, my friend. Reading this makes me wish I could go back a few weeks and eat the food all over again ?

This year was the first year my family roasted a big turkey. It came out really well and the leftovers were amazing. There’s something about chunks of turkey atop white bread with mayo that’s just… so good!

By far my favorite part - always - is my wife’s pumpkin pie. I’ll sound like a homer but it’s the best I’ve ever had. She makes her own graham cracker crust and fresh whipped cream. Yum ?