DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grayt Thanksgiving - Fantastic Feast

Elaevia

banners1.png.a18eb31a1f10a5cbf25f337477d67aff.png

Pile your plates high, and fill those glasses it's time for a celebration! Have a favourite Thanksgiving, autumn or winter receipe you'd like to share? Or not even the full receipe - what do you like to eat and drink as the year draws to a close

Making a pumpkin pie again this year.  Love all the baking that happens during this season.  Wife and daughters just made chocolate chip banana bread.

I made baked salmon today with a brown sugar and dijon mustard sauce on it.

But for Thanksgiving day I love just loading up my plate with mashed potatoes, turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and gravy and mixing it all up on my plate and eating it up using a roll or two or three to scoop it all up and clean the plate with and then enjoying the sweet potato casserole and pies afterwards.  I make sandwiches with all the leftovers the same way, by putting a little bit of each dish on a couple of slices of bread.  Best leftover meal. 

16 hours ago, Cross said:

dunno bout sharing since we havent tried it yet. but sis and i are excited to try some sugared cranberries this year

that sounds interesting - are they something that you eat like popcorn, or is it more like in a sugar syrup?

16 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

Let us know how they are.

I am hoping to get a slice of pecan pie. It is my favorite.

And I'm hoping to make some mashed sweet potatoes.

I have sweet potato fries quite a lot, but not in mashed form - going to have to change that soon!

10 hours ago, thehumantrashcan said:

Making a pumpkin pie again this year.  Love all the baking that happens during this season.  Wife and daughters just made chocolate chip banana bread.

I made baked salmon today with a brown sugar and dijon mustard sauce on it.

But for Thanksgiving day I love just loading up my plate with mashed potatoes, turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and gravy and mixing it all up on my plate and eating it up using a roll or two or three to scoop it all up and clean the plate with and then enjoying the sweet potato casserole and pies afterwards.  I make sandwiches with all the leftovers the same way, by putting a little bit of each dish on a couple of slices of bread.  Best leftover meal. 

*looks at the banana bread and chocolate brownies in the freezer* don't know what you mean lol

1 hour ago, Elaevia said:

that sounds interesting - are they something that you eat like popcorn, or is it more like in a sugar syrup?

more popcorn like i think. they arent dripping in syrup, just more or less candy coated

On 11/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, Cross said:

dunno bout sharing since we havent tried it yet. but sis and i are excited to try some sugared cranberries this year

I make cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries.