DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Title Sequence Commentary.

9 hours ago, ManetherenTaveren said:

The title sequence...weaves assembling, threads breaking, and the ajah depiction (minus one!). Did we also get an image of Tuon in that collection of woven feminine tapestries?

I also thought that was Tuon, but it wouldn't make sense. Presumably just an Aes Sedai.

• Community Administrator
3 minutes ago, MasterAblar said:

Or just the ajah heads? Didn't pay close enough attention to see if they all had a stole.

That's... Actually a good possibility. But one would have to compare the Hall of the Sitters scene in the Intro and compare the people on the tapestry.

Also totally wild theory:

Looking at the opening the "threads" for Moiraine, Lan, Egwene and Nyneave are very different from Rand, Mat and Perrin. Their's are far more dynamic, golden and twisting through all the other threads of the pattern. Hint at them being taveren perhaps? Probably just wishful thinking.

Humbly request the @ModeratorTeam move this wonderful discussion of the credits/opening sequence to a separate thread?  I love the discussion, but I'm hoping that this thread can become a place where people who don't have time/desire to read a whole bunch of discussions can find little things  like easter eggs or other things that could be missed that they can catch when they rewatch the show. That necessitates minimal discussion in this thread, but it's wonderful if those discussions then occur in other more appropriate threads.  Thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

Humbly request the @ModeratorTeam move this wonderful discussion of the credits/opening sequence to a separate thread?  I love the discussion, but I'm hoping that this thread can become a place where people who don't have time/desire to read a whole bunch of discussions can find little things  like easter eggs or other things that could be missed that they can catch when they rewatch the show. That necessitates minimal discussion in this thread, but it's wonderful if those discussions then occur in other more appropriate threads.  Thank you very much.

Request granted.

It has already been noted by a few that there are slight changes in the Title Sequence - I didnt pay enough attention myself in Ep4 to confirm but will definitely go back and look.   Hopefully someone who has the skills will be able to showcase how the sequence changes from Ep2 to the end of Season 1.   

Edited by ArrylT

I admit, I was the one who noticed the changes, but now I rewatch, if they are there they are really subtle. I thought that there was more ornamentation around the figures of the different ajahs sewn in the 3rd credits than in the others, like more petals around the brown, but if they are there they are very subtle. I can't do a frame by frame to compare and probably shouldn't have said anything.

11 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

I admit, I was the one who noticed the changes, but now I rewatch, if they are there they are really subtle. I thought that there was more ornamentation around the figures of the different ajahs sewn in the 3rd credits than in the others, like more petals around the brown, but if they are there they are very subtle. I can't do a frame by frame to compare and probably shouldn't have said anything.

It sucks that we can't screenshot (on PC) images on the prime player.

Just now, SinisterDeath said:

It sucks that we can't screenshot (on PC) images on the prime player.

You cant?

Like the snipping tool doesn’t work on your player? Worked on mine - tiz how I got all those screens in the trailers. 

Just now, CaddySedai said:

You cant?

Like the snipping tool doesn’t work on your player? Worked on mine - tiz how I got all those screens in the trailers. 

Negative, it only captures a black image. It's part of their anti-pirating software.
I'm running windows 10, using the chrome browser.

Ironically, I can screenclip on my android.

I'm enjoying the title sequence. It's visually pleasing and not to long that I get bored, so far I've not had the urge to find that sweet spot to skip it.

Really liking the the finished AS mural, though due to the color scheme it took a few seconds to identify the white, grey and brown. Obvious once I noticed..

Love how the different Ajah's are shown, from their clothes to posture and most especially how they have different "patterns" and how those "patterns" represent a certain glow.!

Good times ?

Edited by A Memory Of Why