DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi! Just finished the books for the first time...

AviendhaSiswai

Hi everyone! 

I started the books several months ago after seeing this character I'd never heard of before, Moiraine Damodred, give Dany from GoT a run for her money at a March Madness tournament, which piqued my interest. I still don't know what possessed me to dive into such an insanely long series when high fantasy isn't even normally my genre, but my curiosity won out, and I'm so glad I committed. 

I finally finished the series yesterday and just, wow. I'm in love with this universe and the characters. I miss them already, but I guess I get the show now to keep me company until I reread someday. 

Favourite books in the series (roughly): 3-5, 14, 2, 1... the rest is a bit of a blur 

Favourite characters (no particular order, really): Rand, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan, Nynaeve, Elayne, Birgitte, Siuan, Egwene, Mat, Asmodean, Thom, Rhuarc, Tam... and Faile wound up growing on me a lot, to my surprise. 

Looking forward to chatting with y'all ?

Welcome!

I remember that finished/ miss it feeling ...

Don't forget you have here now too! Really is a great community, and if you miss the world too much, you could always try your hand at the role play!

I have to ask, what is a 'March Madness Tournament?' Sounds fun!

Thanks for the welcome!

3 hours ago, Cass said:

I have to ask, what is a 'March Madness Tournament?' Sounds fun!

In March, WiCnet does an annual poll tournament with popular characters from SFF, it gets pretty intense over on twitter haha. Moiraine actually won the entire thing a couple of years ago, I think. I know Rand got into the semis this year but lost to Gandalf. 

Welcome to Dragonmount!  Make your self at home!  I see you're an Aiel fan as well.  We used to have a club dedicated to them and their culture and light role play as well.  If you're ever interested in that I know there a few here who would love to start that club up again if there are enough people interested.

Let us know if you have any questions or want help getting around the site.