DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello + Please Love My Map Drawing

nicki_minajah

Hi, all! So I haven't been on a fan forum since I frequented MuggleNet in my teen years. (That probably ages me.) I'm currently re-reading the series for probably the fourth time since my first go-around at 15-ish. Right now, I'm on A Path of Daggers. I'm obviously Green Ajah, if my username didn't make it clear enough. I teach college writing, and I study the same thing (I'm a Compositionist).

More interestingly, though, I am an avid bullet journaller. If you check my Instagram account, you'll see that I've recently been celebrating the show release by drawing maps from the show in my journal. My favorite one (of Caemlyn) is attached! I'm currently working on Cairhien. ?

Anyways, I'm excited to embrace my inner fantasy nerd online for the first time in over a decade!

1561339995_CamelynMapDrawn.png

13 minutes ago, Arie said:

I got drawn in by the map and bullet journaling! XD And your handle. I find it rather clever. XD

I may now be following you on Instagram, and applauding your journal choice. 

Welcome!

You actually did it! ? Thank you so much--following you back! I have explanations for my handle, but I'm not sure about what counts as "appropriate" language around here yet. ?

2 hours ago, ArrylT said:

Wish I had a modicum of your drawing talent.  Love the map and hope you'll share more of them as the wheel weaves.   Also love the way you created your name - but I am a big fan of puns.  ?

Ahw, thank you so much! To be honest, I don't have drawing talent. I have a lot of patience for copying--and graphing paper that really helps with accuracy! I have been sharing my maps on my Instagram, but I'll add another here! ? This one is Tar Valon. I'm currently working on one for Cairhien!

312734538_TarValonMap.png

15 minutes ago, nicki_minajah said:

Ahw, thank you so much! To be honest, I don't have drawing talent. I have a lot of patience for copying--and graphing paper that really helps with accuracy! I have been sharing my maps on my Instagram, but I'll add another here! ? This one is Tar Valon. I'm currently working on one for Cairhien!

312734538_TarValonMap.png

That is still talent in my eyes even if I interpret it differently - I just know that I could not even trace it.

Spoiler

I used to make maps of all the fantasy books I read ages ago and none of them ever looked half as good as that

Either way thank you very much for sharing.  Always like seeing people showcase their skills and combining that with a love of WOT? ?