DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

R.I.P. Perrin Aybara

Taishar Hawaii

What was so wrong about Perrin, as he was written??

What is so wrong about being 'that' kid who grows up a little bit bigger and stronger than the other kids?  Growing up with all the adults telling you 'Be careful, you could hurt them.'  Or 'Be careful, you could break that.'  Growing up constantly being told to restrain yourself so you don't scare anyone or hurt anybody.  So you grow up introverted and quiet, thoughtful to a fault.  Until you find blacksmithing.  An outlet for you to let yourself go, fully using your strength shaping iron and steel.

Was it too difficult to adapt his character to the visual medium?  Or did you believe your audience wasn't sophisticated enough, or intelligent enough, that you didn't even try?  Instead you chose the easiest of easy way's out and turned Perrin into a Bloody cliché.  

Rafe et al:  Poor. . . just, poor.  What a bummer.

I do not disagree. It’s very silly that the writers decided the best way to amp up Perrin’s manpain was to give him a wife that barely speaks to him before he accidentally cleaves her in half. At least give her some dialogue and personality. 

But we already have several versions of this conversation going in other threads, so I’m going to direct you to continue this there. Thanks!