DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to forum, old to series

henfen

What's up fellow geeks. 

After watching the new TV series, I just can't keep my mouth shut, and have no friends IRL who have read the books.  So here I am. 

I'm on my 4th read through of the series - first read it about ten years ago.  Struggling through Lord of Chaos which has always been the hardest for me to get through.  Loving all the foreshadowing and new things that I pick up on each time I read the series again.

I pretty much hated the first 3 episodes, though I will probably still watch it every week, out of loyalty and morbid curiosity.  Definitely disappointed.  But in general, the books are always better than the movies or tv series.  I think the casting is decent so far.

Welcome henfen!

This is definitely the place to voice all the loves of rereading, and analysis of the show. 

I hear you on LoC being a bit of a slog - hang in there. 

I have to admit I like the casting for the show too, and foreshadowing is always fun - I definitely had little happy chills at the nods and foreshadowing in the show visuals so far...