DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi

Khemy

Common discussion in my house:

Wife: "Are you reading that mega-series again?" 

Me: Why, as a matter of fact I am.

But she will be watching with me tonight when I binge the released episodes.   

I am hopeful, but nervous.  "Don't screw this up!" is pretty much where I landed.  But I can tell already that there are somethings the show-runners do not understand about the series by the changes they have made.

My college roommate, who introduced me to the series back in the 90's, went to a RJ book signing sometime around Book 10.  He gave RJ explicit instructions "You're not allowed to die until this is finished."  Oops.  But hopefully the fact that the series is done will prevent it from becoming the catastrophe that GoT ended up being.

Tai' Shar Manetheren

Edited by Khemy
typo

Love the 'common discussion'. How did it all go??

I'm away for work so binged the first 3 eps in peace - but hubby has already been informed he'll be watching along - maybe he'll end up with a deeper understanding of my attachment to it all for all these years ?

And yes, I'm hoping having the series finished will save a GoT-fail-esque wrap in the end...

only got through two of three last night.

it went well....she thought it was interesting, but also said something to the affect of "It feels like I am jumping into the story at the halfway point already".   So I had to do a bit of fill-in-the-blank after each episode.

Interesting!

I think it would feel rather middle-of everything without having read the books first... there wasn't exactly a slow and gentle easing in to any of the characters...

I wonder if hubby's reaction will be the same ?

On 11/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Khemy said:

only got through two of three last night.

it went well....she thought it was interesting, but also said something to the affect of "It feels like I am jumping into the story at the halfway point already".   So I had to do a bit of fill-in-the-blank after each episode.

I was not allowed to fill in; my guy wants to head in to the story without my trivia and input from the angle that I know the story from. It is not easy. I want to fill in the blanks!

Welcome ?