DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time: Origins

CaddySedai

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Origins are definitely book friendly!

Hide contents

Which adds to my theory the Aes Sedai in the show are vastly more ignorant about history then in the books!

It's clearly because I have not shown up yet.

I mean Cadsuane, not me.

Though curious you never see Cadsuane and I in the same room. Coincidences? ?

29 minutes ago, AdamA said:

How'd you access these? Are they website only? When I go to bonus content in my X-Ray on my television, it only shows the maps, stills, and behind the scenes photos. No origins.

PC, laptop, mobile app, maybe console. You need a "Firestick" controller/device to access the origins on TV

Okay, it shows up in my web browser when I go to the Prime website. That's disappointing that it doesn't work in the Android Prime Video app, which is how I get Prime Video on my television. I'm not gonna hook up a Firestick when I already have a native app in my main television OS.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, AdamA said:

Okay, it shows up in my web browser when I go to the Prime website. That's disappointing that it doesn't work in the Android Prime Video app, which is how I get Prime Video on my television. I'm not gonna hook up a Firestick when I already have a native app in my main television OS.

It works on my Android prime video app.

I click ep 3 pause, x-ray and them click "bonus" in x-ray.

Screenshot_20211119-150503_Prime Video.jpg

Well, that's interesting. Is that on a mobile device? Does Android TV seriously nerf its apps relative to the regular ones? I have everything else in the X-Ray pane you're seeing, but not the Origins. Mine is also organized different, vertically separated panes instead of horizontally.

• Community Administrator
21 minutes ago, AdamA said:

Well, that's interesting. Is that on a mobile device? Does Android TV seriously nerf its apps relative to the regular ones? I have everything else in the X-Ray pane you're seeing, but not the Origins. Mine is also organized different, vertically separated panes instead of horizontally.

Oh, I apparently didn't read that you have "Android TV".
This was on my Android phone.

My understanding is that Amazon in their infinite wisdom decided to make it only work on firestick TV's.

they were crap.

they were not dubbed in other languages nor were there even subtitles, and the voiceover was so low compared to the background music, a lot of it was unintelligible. finally, the titles were not displayed on my brother's television, and they were in random order.

they could have been a good idea, but horribly implemented.

but perhaps someone will upload them on youtube in better quality, it could be an improvement

Edited by king of nowhere

4 hours ago, AdamA said:

It also could be the age of the tv running the native app.

The tv in my home gym for example. Wont show them. The one in my bedroom will but they are unnamed. The one in my living room (the big 4k monstrosity) Has them listed correctly, in order, no issues.

Those rooms are listed also in AGE of the tv lol. Oldest being the gym one. All are samsung too - so it isnt brand difference.

Loved these stories so far, very on tone for the books in my opinion.  Wish something like this had happened when Moiraine explained the story of Manetheren.  Pike's delivery was wonderful but cutting back and forth between people on horseback for literal minutes is just not exciting and an animated backstory in this vein could've worked well for me, personally.

So far 4 of the 5 Origin videos have now been posted.    I like all of them - but of the 4 so far, the one that I felt was the "weakest" in that it captivated me the least / added the least to my knowledge as the 3rd one - The Greatest Warder.   Not that I thought it was bad - just the weakest of them all.

Felt Saidin, Saidar, Stone tied in with The Dragon Reborn episode was perfect.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:14 AM, Александр Чудинов said:

So I've watched the first one and have only one question. Why not insert this instead of Morein's nonsense about imbalance, arrogation etc in the beginning of the show. The show instantly would become a little better without any additional expense.

Probably so they could drive more people into the interactive features. I do think it would have been neat to have them show up in series but that may have felt kinda weird. I dunno. I might try it on a re-watch. Basically when they are gonna say something maybe manually switch to origins. and cut back. See how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the origin stories.

The style of the animation seems perfect for the WoT.

They are much better than the actual series.

PLEASE PLEASE make the WoT in this style and do the story as is!

I wonder how much they cost to make???

I am guessing that Rafe Judkins had very little input to these origin stories.

Edited by Maximillion

10 minutes ago, Sabio said:

I just discovered the origins, I like them.  Seems mostly to give a quick education, but I have enjoyed them so far.

Anyone know how many will be made?  Would be nice if they made one about the Forsaken and what led to the Aiel invading.

So far there has been 1 for each episode.  So presumably 8 for season 1.