DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can I Watch It With My Kids?

Beidomon

I know this has been discussed and speculated about, but what kind or sex and nudity is (1) actually in the episodes viewed to date (feel free to use spoiler tags - whatever), and (2) planned for future episodes? Is the TV-14 rating going to stick?

I’d like to watch this with my kids ages 8-14 and fantasy violence doesn’t bother us. A bare ass or offscreen sex doesn’t bother me, either. But I would never let them watch the sex and frontal nudity in GOT. So if that’s on deck, I’d rather not get them started (because I’m assuming they’ll enjoy the first few episodes quite a bit).

Unless they really ramp things up beyond what's in the first 2 episodes I think (!) you'll be ok. Possible you might get some brief frontal nudity at points I guess, especially in future seasons (Aes Sedai customs, sweat tents, etc) but I don't think there will be any of that in this season, at least.

We can live with that kind of stuff as long as it is neither gratuitous nor sexual in nature. I thought I recalled Rafe making some comment about “pillow friends out the wazzoo” and I’d sure like to know what he means by that. If they’re going down the GOT avenue, then I don’t want to get my kids started on this. Tough call. Any more input would be appreciated. 

Edited by Beidomon

5 minutes ago, Beidomon said:

We can live with that kind of stuff as long as it is neither gratuitous nor sexual in nature. I thought I recalled Rafe making some comment about “pillow friends out the wazzoo” and I’d sure like to know what he means by that. If they’re going down the GOT avenue, then I don’t want to get my kids started on this. Tough call. Any more input would be appreciated. 

I took that to mean there would be plenty of LGBT characters, not anything to do with sex scenes.

15 minutes ago, Beidomon said:

Rumor, and I can't confirm this but I will put in spoilers anyway, is that

Spoiler

Moiraine and Siuan are in a relationship still

But I don't think anything explicit should be expected