DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tower of London Special Event: My Experience!

The Purple Ajah

Hey everyone!

I am going to share my experiences of the Tower of London special event. We had some unique events (I think!) unlike some US screenings and a DM user requested I tell you all about it, so here I am!

I won tickets for my guest and myself after entering the contest via Twitter. We are both Scotland based so spent quite a long time just getting there; thankfully I had family I could stay with in the night, and my Tuesday class was online. 

We arrived at 5:30 and got to see attendees from the premiere the day before, including the fantastic hosts such as KritterXD (Egwene al'Vere), Nae'blis, Daniel Greene, Innkeeper Hatch from the Dusty Wheel, and the one and only Jason from Dragonmount! I briefly talked to KritterXD/Egwene about the event.

The first activity was a tour of the Tower by one of the Warders in a beefeater outfit! (As for cosplays, I saw a Moiraine, a Wise One, and a Maiden of the Spear). I had been to the Tower before, and know my history, but there were some interesting little bits. Of course, the main attraction was getting to see the White Tower itself with a Wheel of Time logo projected onto it!

Next stop: The Winespring Inn!

IMG_1402.jpg?width=845&height=633

We were very generously treated to free dinner and refreshments by the very kind staff, most of whom were dressed as Two Rivers folk. We also got given free copies of the Eye of the World, the new version with Moiraine standing by the Waygate. 

The next activity was a Twitch stream, with the hosts dressed as Aes Sedai, Warders, or lords and ladies. We first had to answer riddles to help a Green Aes Sedai free one of her Sisters from the hands of the Whitecloaks. Then, it was time for a discussion section and a quiz between two of the attendees (the rounds were Wheel of Time Trivia, Word Association, and tasting alcoholic beverages that were associated with a certain character: Moiraine had oosquai whisky with lavender, mint, lime, etc.)

We then were taken straight to the screening of the first two episodes, with our phones being put away in sealed bags. I'll just say that I personally loved it, and that we were all cheering by the end! ?