DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Salutations

ManetherenTaveren

Just down from the mountains to say hello. Ever come across a cairn that was a waygate? Oh, the places they go! Hard to find an exact return route though. 

Longtime SF/Fantasy reader here, from LotR, Covenant, WoT, ASoI&F, First Law, Hyperion Cantos, Dark Materials, Stormlight, Dresden, Ender, Gentlemen Bastard, among others. I've referenced the deep-dive discussions on DM for many years but only joined recently. WoT was a fascinating journey, twice taken over the years. My favorite books in the WoT series are tSR, KoD and aMoL. Looking forward to the Amazon series, but I dread the compare/contrast discussions that will inevitably accompany it. Hope it stands on its own assertively. 

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Elgee said:

Welcome to Dragonmount!

Do you have any favourite characters or groups in the Books?

Thanks for the greeting, Elgee!

I was fascinated by many of the primary female characters in the series, with Egwene, Nynaeve, and Min drawing my attention the most. I absolutely adore Egwene's arc throughout the series. Siuan's post-amyrlin arc also affected me. Lanfear was the most intriguing Forsaken but her reconstitution was disturbing. Avienda was my fantasy. I would have enjoyed more backstory on Verin...the ultimate surprise (for me) in the tale!

Of the males, Perrin drew me in the most, although his relationship with Faile/Zarine tested my patience at times...but I ultimately loved their story. Logain was fascinating too.

Loved the Aiel and Aes Sedai (and Kin's Women), even the highly exaggerated Forsaken. Hated and laughed at the "Spanish Inquisition" Whitecloaks...until Galad joined in.

Then again, my adoration for characters often shifted throughout the series...but Egwene will always stand out.

Thanks for asking!

8 hours ago, Elgee said:

You seem to like a lot of those that I do too! ?

Are you managing to find your way around Dragonmount? Need any help?

Cool! 

I've been lurking on this site for years, enjoying the forum perspectives and book summaries, only recently deciding to join (and contribute when I can). With regards to the series, I'll probably have more of a purist tone with my comments but I am hoping to see some creative expansion of RJ's world/story without compromises to suit modern ideologies.

I wonder what the general attitude/hope is from elder DM statesfolk like yourself regarding the possibilities/problems for the series.  ?

Edited by ManetherenTaveren