DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

seven core characters that we have right in the first four episodes and take us through the whole series. A couple of them meet their untimely demise along the way but, at its core, they run you from book one to book 14.

What is he referring to here? 

Could be 

Spoiler

Moiraine and Egwene and Rand

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

We have an episode that starts with an insane scene that I... it's a fight sequence that no fan of the books is expecting to see in this season, but it works perfectly, I think, in this season and is a really exciting way to tell this story. I think that the fans of the books will also feel like, oh my God, I'm so glad that I got to see that scene brought to life. I just never expected that I would.

Mat V Gawyn and Galad? 

Or what? 

Blood Snow? I know Rafe said it's his favorite scene of season 1

Edited by DaddyFinn

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

We have an episode that starts with an insane scene that I... it's a fight sequence that no fan of the books is expecting to see in this season, but it works perfectly, I think, in this season and is a really exciting way to tell this story. I think that the fans of the books will also feel like, oh my God, I'm so glad that I got to see that scene brought to life. I just never expected that I would.

Mat V Gawyn and Galad? 

Or what? 

I bet it's a flashback to the Aiel War near Tar Valon.

2 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Could be 

Hide contents

Moiraine and Egwene and Rand

Interesting. I assumed he meant before the Last Battle

Blood Snow? I know Rafe said it's his favorite scene of season 1

Does it not sound like one that is in the books? 

4 hours ago, Ralph said:

Mat V Gawyn and Galad? 

Or what? 

Blood Snow is my guess. 

I'm doubling down and predicting a massive battle against Logain before he is first captured.

Makes more sense to spend the money/time on a Logain battle—it would show/tell so much about the Power, Logain, Aes Sedai, false dragons, current geopolitical landscapes... and provide incredible contrast for when Rand blows away everyone at Tarwins' Gap with 10x the power Logain showcases.

While Blood Snow is extremely important, I don't think it's quite as much bang-for-the-buck story-wise to show a big battle scene with characters and armies the audience will never see again.

Edited by Borderlander

Just now, Borderlander said:

I'm doubling down and predicting a massive battle against Logain before he is first captured.

Since they are bringing him into the start of series more (compared to the two times we see him in a cage in the first book...), maybe they will see Cadsuane take him down... did they cast her yet? 

58 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

You’ve mentioned the gender dynamics of the story. It’s been more than 30 years since the first book was published and a lot has changed in the world, so was there ever any concern that certain elements or themes might not resonate in the same way today as they did in 1990?

Weber: I’ve always thought it’s timeless. It’s a story about love, and loss, and power. All the things you see in great novels are there. It’s got it all. And I think those themes are really sort of well reflected in the show.

Kehoe: It really is universal. Again, it all goes back to that balance and the idea of keeping things in balance. Men and women, you need both, and you need balance between the two. That’s timeless.

9 hours ago, Ralph said:

Seven can't include Thom, so only Moiraine? 

Moiraine and Egwene. 

I wonder if they'll kill Moiraine off permanently. Kinda hoping not but wouldn't be shocked. Rosamund Pike may not want to agree to come back for 1-2 more seasons a couple years later.

That would suck for me though since she is my favorite character and I wanted to see more from her when she returned. The TV show is the last chance to get that.

Edited by Deadsy

13 minutes ago, Deadsy said:

I wonder if they'll kill Moiraine off permanently. Kinda hoping not but wouldn't be shocked. Rosamund Pike may not want to agree to come back for 1-2 more seasons a couple years later.

That would suck for me though since she is my favorite character and I wanted to see more from her when she returned. The TV show is the last chance to get that.

i'd bet they are flexible on this. since moiraine being alive is not brought up until book 11, the showrunners will have a couple seasons after her "death" to decide if they want to make her death permanent, or to bring her back.

the plot of AMoL works fine with or without moiraine, so i assume at the right time they'll ask her "would you want to come back for another season in two years?" and fix the plot accordingly

20 minutes ago, Ralph said:

I love this one. It must be such a weird time for them all thinking, am I about to become a celebrity? I can't even imagine.

I also love that Zoe had auditioned for Egwene too!

Edited by Rose

“But as time has passed, I’ve come to learn that we’re actually quite similar. Playing her has been quite therapeutic for me too, because of the way she is just so in charge of her emotions.

Hm. Hopefully we haven't lost the many erratic Nynaeve flying off the handle scenes.

41 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

Such great questions ? lol

The main thing I got from it is that she doesn't really know anything about the books, and Rafe pretty much let her do her own thing with the costumes based on her own interpretations of the characters and organizations (not RJ's)...

Edited by TheMountain