DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How do you think Season 1 will end?

Wassup

Let's skip over all of the discussion on how it starts.  I think we have seen a lot of this.  I am planning on not looking up any info after Monday because I do not want any spoilers for the first episodes. 

So, I think it would be neat to share how you think it will end before we start watching it.

Will it end with Rand returning from Tarwin's Gap and we are done or is this where they dip into TGH for content?

Rand returns from Tarwin's Gap and the Amyrlin arrives leaving the viewers wondering what will happen to Rand next season with the treat of being stilled?

Will they play up how every encounter with Padan Fain is followed with trouble and show him outside Fal Dara at the end leaving viewers to wonder what trouble he brings?

Cliffhanger or flashback to help viewers better understand what they have watched?  What do you think or want to see?

Rand gets Egwene pregnant and Nynaeve marches them back to the Two Rivers to face the women's Circle and get married. (I win again Lews Therin - no matter who the Dragon was).

Moiraine falls for Mat's whimsical charms, gives Lan his freedom, and runs off to Ebou Dar to open a bed-and-breakfast with Matrim Bloody Cauthon.

Lan takes Perrin under his wing as Perrin is grieving after killing his wife.  Together they raise the Golden Crane and begin the hard work of reclaiming Malkier from the Blight.

I'm not sure of the order, but I hope we get some combination of these:

Rand demolishes the Trollocs at Tarwin's Gap.

The Dragon Banner and Horn are discovered.

Fain pops up.

Siuan is coming for Rand (but we don't know her intentions and quite possibly assume they aren't good).

Reveal that Rand is the Dragon.

33 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Rand gets Egwene pregnant and Nynaeve marches them back to the Two Rivers to face the women's Circle and get married. (I win again Lews Therin - no matter who the Dragon was).

Moiraine falls for Mat's whimsical charms, gives Lan his freedom, and runs off to Ebou Dar to open a bed-and-breakfast with Matrim Bloody Cauthon.

Lan takes Perrin under his wing as Perrin is grieving after killing his wife.  Together they raise the Golden Crane and begin the hard work of reclaiming Malkier from the Blight.

We have a winner.

31 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

I'm not sure of the order, but I hope we get some combination of these:

Rand demolishes the Trollocs at Tarwin's Gap.

The Dragon Banner and Horn are discovered.

Fain pops up.

Siuan is coming for Rand (but we don't know her intentions and quite possibly assume they aren't good).

Reveal that Rand is the Dragon.

I've heard that Fain is only in one episode, if confirmed that means we won't see him at the end, which seems like a wasted opportunity. Maybe they're saving him for season 2?

15 minutes ago, Rose said:

I've heard that Fain is only in one episode, if confirmed that means we won't see him at the end, which seems like a wasted opportunity. Maybe they're saving him for season 2?

I've heard this too, but I'm not sure what the source is. So much about episodes 7 and 8 are shrouded in mystery.

I'm thinking it'll end on a bit of a cliff hangar with everyone going their separate ways from Fal Dara, covering the beginning of TGH. I don't think the season will end as abruptly as the books after the climax. We'll get some moments to come down (I think that picture from the trailer of Lan mourning is post-EotW/Tarwin's Gap), and a hook for season two.

Edited by Agitel

My theory for the season ending is basically the last two episodes are split between Logain getting gentled in Tar Valon and the battle at Tarwin's Gap.   I'm not sure if we will see the Eye or not.  

I do predict that there will be a significant story beat landing on the moment that Logain gets gentled and Rand does something power related.

I think Episode 7 ends all EOTW of the world content

Episode 8 will be the 1st 9 chapters of the Great Hunt.

It will cover the Rand meeting Siuan,Raid on Faldara(Which will be bloodier and Bigger than the Books), Padan fain escapes during Raid, Rand going on Great Hunt and Egwene/Nyaneve going to Tar Valon

We will also see Tear conquered by the Baalzamon as a huge teaser for Seaon 2

Edited by LordyLord

The final two episodes will likely follow the model employed by GOT. A big bloody action-packed spectacle in the penultimate episode followed by a final episode setting things in place for the next season. I think the Horn and the Dagger will been stolen in the final episode, as well as Rand’s Meeting with Siaun. 

27 minutes ago, WOTnerd said:

Wait, this video seems to make me think it will be Egwene that is born during the Blood Snow? Is there another explanation for the casting of this baby?

Baby's are interchangeable on screen at that age...  i wouldn't read to much into the sex of the baby actor/ actress.

• Community Administrator
7 minutes ago, WOTnerd said:

This CAN be true, but, Rand is a Red Head. If the baby was meant to be Rand, the child would be redheaded.

Not all children are born with hair. Among those that are born with hair, it often falls out. (Sometimes to the panic of new parents)

1 hour ago, WOTnerd said:

I still think it's extremely unlikely that said baby is meant to portray Rand. 

Given that the actors for Rand and Egwene were also on set that day, perhaps it's an alternate timeline of their family.. but that doesn't happen until book 2 & 3.

We know they are leaning into dreams and flash-forwards/flashbacks, etc. Would not be surprised if the baby is Rand and Eggy's in some sort of dream, vision, etc.

1 minute ago, WOTnerd said:

I hope that's right. I realize I need to just wait and let things unfold, but I'm not confident in that the showrunner has capturing the spirit of the series as his primary goal.

Why not? Because he mentioned one time that he is a feminist? This whole "Rafe's primary goal is to politicize WoT" is a tired argument. We can revisit it when we have a season worth of show to evaluate.

Just now, WOTnerd said:

Would that I had your confidence. The argument may be tiring to you, but it is a cause of great concern for many of us who view fantasy as escapism, not lectures.

What evidence do you have that politicizing the show is Rafe's primary goal? And is that evidence incompatible with Rafe having a tertiary goal of promoting diversity in casting?