DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Nynaeve Spot ad

Skipp

so, it seems we'll see a lot more of the winternight fighting. all the main characters will have their own moment of spotlight, fighting for their lives. looks spectacular.

the aiel fighting bare-faced is... troubling. i hope it's an accident. like, she was veiled but she loses her veil a moment, in a plot device to show she's a woman.

Edited by king of nowhere

32 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

I hope so too. I don't see any reason to get rid of the black veils completely

I too am hoping it just fell off but with live action visual media you are paying for the actor's face and expressions.  Very common for them to remove helmets and the like for that reason.  So I am unsure how much of the veils we will be seeing.

1 hour ago, Skipp said:

I too am hoping it just fell off but with live action visual media you are paying for the actor's face and expressions.  Very common for them to remove helmets and the like for that reason.  So I am unsure how much of the veils we will be seeing.

That's a good point though we'll see their face when they aren't fighting. Makes it easier to use stunt doubles ?

Keep in mind, the way TV works, we'll see outfits tweaked, maybe black veils introduced later. It could be any number of things. Shows are full of lots of little redesigns/improvements. They may introduce the veils circumstantial.

Or maybe it just fell off. But what was said above is true. On TV they like to show faces, at least for important characters. How many space suits on TV have lights inside the helmet to light up the face? Good for TV, really unrealistic and counterproductive in reality.

Edited by Agitel

1 hour ago, Pandemonium said:

I was just thinking if they only do 8 seasons and 8 episodes per season, this series could be continuous action scenes if they wanted.

Literally every episode can have a cool showdown or battle and each season can end in a key battle.  This could be one of the most action packed shows ever

I hope we get 10 episodes at some point. There's just so much stuff.

3 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

I was just thinking if they only do 8 seasons and 8 episodes per season, this series could be continuous action scenes if they wanted.

Literally every episode can have a cool showdown or battle and each season can end in a key battle.  This could be one of the most action packed shows ever

I actually would not like this. Give me character moments, breathing room, and politics please!

1 hour ago, Agitel said:

I actually would not like this. Give me character moments, breathing room, and politics please!

definitely

no battle will be interesting without proper setup and character development.  I actually dont like series which glance over the characters and don't build the rules of the magic systems.

I'm sure lots of battles can be dropped but there are so many fights and battles that are seen as critical lore of wheel of time.  just including most of those will take alot of episode real estate.

11 hours ago, Rose said:

The visual of Nynaeve emerging from the pool full of Trolloc blood in the shape of the Aes Sedai symbol! They're really going heavy on the symbolism and I love it.

Noticed that too. Neat stuff.

Though, I'm put off by the scene before where Nyn acts like an experienced special forces fighter.

Not liking that. If I want to see some stupid rule of cool nonsense I'll put on a Michael Bay movie.

7 minutes ago, Raezold said:

Though, I'm put off by the scene before where Nyn acts like an experienced special forces fighter.

not my impression. there was nothing experienced in what she did. she was chased, she hid. her opponent passed her by, she took an opportunity. there's nothing she did that any normal person couldn't have reasonably done in the same situation.

of course, the trolloc passing her by, and stopping there with a knife just within reach that she could take, was a stroke of luck. but then, there's so much ta'veren power in emond field, it wouldn't have been completely impossible to have the whole trolloc army trip on themselves and break their necks.

Edited by king of nowhere