DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Hand

Heron

Ok, well we all know Rand got his hand blown off in KOD. But what we do not know is what is going to happen with his stump. Personally I think he is going to get a wraith hand simmilar to the wraithed sword he used to summon. But that is just my thoughts.

Yes, I too remember a sword of flame.

I don't think he is going to get any type of fake hand. That's too Star Wars. He may still feel his hand as a phantom limb, as many amputees do, and this may make it possible for him to channel, but I doubt he is going to fight with his sword of flame again.

Agreed, though I think it is more to show what Rand endures in his quest to win.

As Min said, Weap rand.

To rand, the loss of his hand is as much a sey back as some Stone Dog dying against the Shaido. Something you plan around, and move on.

I can't see Rand going through the entire last book without his hand coming back in some manner. I've seen the theorys about him taking over another body, but I'm not sure if I can see that happening either...but who knows considering the prophecies...dreams...viewings that have been put forth during the course of the entire series so far.

My personal theory of another possibility is the idea that someone with enough power (Alivia...or whoever) BaleFire's the heckie darns out of Semi thereby undoing the damage to Rand's hand that Semi caused.

Just a thought.

I can't see Rand going through the entire last book without his hand coming back in some manner. I've seen the theorys about him taking over another body, but I'm not sure if I can see that happening either...but who knows considering the prophecies...dreams...viewings that have been put forth during the course of the entire series so far.

My personal theory of another possibility is the idea that someone with enough power (Alivia...or whoever) BaleFire's the heckie darns out of Semi thereby undoing the damage to Rand's hand that Semi caused.

Just a thought.

Yeah that is what I was thinking he'd do straight away. Shoot a body-thick beam of Balefire through her like he did to Rahvin.

But, that would be a shame. The information they could get out of Semirhage is more important than his left hand. Besides, you have to give Nynaeve something to focus her efforts on after she Healed what could not be Healed.

The only problem is they're probably all too prickly about extracting information from Semirhage and will allow her opportunity to escape.

"I can't see Rand going through the entire last book without his hand coming back in some manner." - almearafan

Don't forget that Moridin mentions that the piece on the board of that game (can't remember what it's called) that has no hands, a bandage over his eyes and walks with a beggars staff reminds him of the dragon.

Plus Min said in her first meeting with Rand that she saw a beggar's staff in his future. And R$and did start seeing spots before his eyes after Semi shot him.

I think it's all pointing to Rand's body continuing to deteriorate. He has two unhealed wounds in his side, one hand blown off, starting to lose his sight...

I predict he will lose his other hand and either go blind or begin to have such poor light sensitivity in his eyes that he has to wear a bandage.

Did you guys ever see Army of Darkness? maybe Rand and Perrin will put something together.

A robotic arm? as fun as it would be to see mr. campbell jump into the WoT and throw one together.. I doubt senor goldeneye blacksmith and the Kingfisher (ohhhh it's an analogy to the game Morridin was playing, which seems to repeat itself throughout the books.. like foxes & snakes=aelfinn & eelfin.. anyone figured out stones yet?) can do any of the like.

Maybe I'm just drawing parallels here, but can anyone see the connection between Rand and Neo? (Unfortunately, yes, I did watch Reloaded and Revolutions.. Curiousity bested my logic). The chosen One that must get to the end, no matter how beaten up, BLIND, and what forth so we will hold them up for accomplishing so much while their body is falling apart.

To the Morridin possession thing, I know it makes sense in the Isam and Luc context of the book.. but again, I just see it as like Agent Smith and Neo melding, then Neo emerging fine (end of 1st matrix). Rand and Morridin duke it out, somehow merge and become one, but the Darkness is beaten by the Light (bathed in Light?)

I doubt RJ watches them, and if he comes up with that as his ending I think the Wachowski Bros. are gonna be after him.

And I would have been right.

Oh, here comes the 4 horsie men now..

Are you insinutating that RJ will or has stolen ideas from THE MATRIX? Did you never think that THEY might have stolen the idea of the blind and crippled saviour from RJ (and other mythical references)? I too made the connection between Neo and Rand, but it was more of a "damn it, they stole the idea before RJ could finish the series!" thing.

• Community Administrator

There was a recent case *just do a search on it*

That the matrix guys, not the warner brothers? But some other brothers with a w, witshacthi? whatever" stole the idea from some catholic lady, who basically re-wrote a very simular story, only neo was actually jesus in the "whatever she called the matrix".

Anyways, matrix was better then the book, and she got a lot of money from her law suit.. Also, I highly doubt she stole the ideas from jordan, as her ideas, were basically ripping of the bible. :P

It's kinda hard not to see the parallels between the Matrix and the Bible, I just thought it was funny how defensive you guys got to the insinuation that RJ might not have come up with something.. And I said I "doubted" our gracious Lord and Saviour watches them, and I also said it'd be the apocalypse if I was right.. not words of confidence here.

But we seem to be so steadfast on the idea that Rand and Moridin will switch bodies, which doesn't seem to make sense for cutting off a Warder's bond (tho Moiraine being in the Ael/Eel world did, so meh, what do I know about cross-body soul exchange?). Like Mat should have died, and indeed he was told he would die and live, could Rand die, and be ressurected like.. dare I say it.. Je- Neo.

C'mon folks, it's Easter.

Aviendha has to have those kids, Min knows it, so if Avi and Rand don't do it before TG. We know we're getting a come back special (tho Min's reading was that the children would be.. different.. Like, Moridin is your father different? Or, one's got a goat head and one's got an upside-down face).

~Try and argue with someone who contradicts themselves, whatever you say has been said before.~

Indeed RJ's work predates the matrix by how many decades? and i could kinda see the minds behind reloaded and revolutions being willing to steal...

He had the ending as soon as he had the beginning. I heard it in an interview on www.dragonpage.com.

"I can't see Rand going through the entire last book without his hand coming back in some manner." - almearafan

Don't forget that Moridin mentions that the piece on the board of that game (can't remember what it's called) that has no hands' date=' a bandage over his eyes and walks with a beggars staff reminds him of the dragon.

Plus Min said in her first meeting with Rand that she saw a beggar's staff in his future. And R$and did start seeing spots before his eyes after Semi shot him.

I think it's all pointing to Rand's body continuing to deteriorate. He has two unhealed wounds in his side, one hand blown off, starting to lose his sight...

I predict he will lose his other hand and either go blind or begin to have such poor light sensitivity in his eyes that he has to wear a bandage.[/quote']

i am positive that the game piece you talk about is called the FISHER

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget that Moridin mentions that the piece on the board of that game (can't remember what it's called) that has no hands' date=' a bandage over his eyes and walks with a beggars staff reminds him of the dragon.

I predict he will lose his other hand and either go blind or begin to have such poor light sensitivity in his eyes that he has to wear a bandage.[/quote']

the piece was called the fisher king. that in it's wn right is based upon an authurian legend (as is most of the story) where a king (forgot his name!@..darn) was made the guardian of the holt grailand the spear of christ till the day that the fated knight should come to claim it. a knight did come (again i forgot!!:() and saw the holy grail but could not touch it. In anger he raised his sword and struck the king in the side. this was called the Dolorous stroke and the king was crippled badly. There are various variations of the story. One says that with that stroke, the grail shone brightly, blindly both the men. The king had the never healing wound and the blindness. He was then taken on a barge to the magical island of avalon to recover.

Archived