DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Countdown. Things we love.

CaddySedai

• Community Administrator
47 minutes ago, Rose said:

I will pretend I hadn't forgotten about Logain

*hides*

(In my defense I haven't read AMOL since 2013)

After a quote I read in Twitter about a letter Mat sent Galad in AMOL, I think I need to reread it again to...

By the way... Never, ever start the big chapter after 11pm. 

... just.. one more page, how long can it be?

The Three Oaths- they're debatably both necessarily strict and unnecessarily restrictive. Meant to incite trust, they are often the very reason Aes Sedai are mistrusted. And of course, we come to find out how irrelevant they might be... I love the dilemma they inspire. Did the first women to swear the oaths know they were using a binding rod meant for crimimals? Did they know they were exchanging years of their lives for these oaths? What an endlessly fascinating history that would be!

Todays Goal: Name something that you love that there is four of. So far everyone has risen to the challenge. But some numbers are far easier than others. If I asked for something in WoT you loved that there was four of. What would you say? 

My joke answer is the 4 boys that leave the Two Rivers... on the book cover, and the original drafts of EotW. Thanks Dannil, I'm glad you got to do stuff later in the series!

More seriously: the four marks that Rand receives, as the Prophecies foretold:

Twice and twice shall he be marked

Twice to live, and twice to die

Once the heron to set his path

Twice the heron to name him true

Once the Dragon for remembrance lost

Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay

Morgase's five relationships. (Rahvin is not a lover, or I would call it that.) 

Taringail, Thom, Gareth Bryne, Rahvin, Tallanvor. 

Although Rahvin was using compulsion, and therefore as much rape as Valda, if not more, but she did have an emotional attachment to him because of it, so I think we can call it a relationship. 

Discuss... 

(but maybe in another thread) 

Edited by Ralph

Does anyone remember how many times Darkhounds appear in the first half of the series? And do they appear after that other than in the Last Battle?

I remember 1-2 times in the Aiel desert and once in book 3(?). Why aren't they used more?

Edited by DaddyFinn