DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Posters!

DaddyFinn

They do nothing for me.  Maybe after I watch the show and love the actors...

They certainly wouldn't make me want to watch the show.  Especially Perrin, Mat, Egwene and Nynaeve.  Their body language is "Can I stop posing now?"

And why would you put Rand (with his hair) on a poster totally dominated with reds and oranges?

Obviously a marketing fail for me - but who cares, the show is coming!

They're definitely lightyears better than the Voldemort poster, but that wasn't a high bar lol.

The posters don't really do anything for me either. I don't really feel positive or negative about them. They're okay I guess.

What would have really been awesome is if they could have introduced some more props/sets that foreshadowed future plot developments far in the future (not just Season 1). For example, imagine Mat's poster with a raven flying overhead, Lan's poster with seven towers behind him, Egwene's poster by the ocean with a Seanchan ship on the horizon, etc.

Edit: Didn't catch the noose around Mat's neck per @Elder_Haman. I like it!

Edited by TheMountain

47 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

They do nothing for me.  Maybe after I watch the show and love the actors...

They certainly wouldn't make me want to watch the show.  Especially Perrin, Mat, Egwene and Nynaeve.  Their body language is "Can I stop posing now?"

And why would you put Rand (with his hair) on a poster totally dominated with reds and oranges?

Obviously a marketing fail for me - but who cares, the show is coming!

Red and gold? I mean... Well, he does wear that color a lot in the books as one explanation.

36 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

With the weaves added, they're even better: the weaves don't touch Mat, they form a wolf around Perrin, a tower around Egwene, an explosion around Egwene and a cage around Rand.

The weave around Mat looks a little like a pauldron, which is kind of interesting.

15 minutes ago, Agitel said:

Red and gold? I mean... Well, he does wear that color a lot in the books as one explanation.

I get that from the books - but there is no contrast in the poster.  All just seems muddled to me.  Art is very subjective.  Just throwing out that I didn't care for them and I don't think they would create excitement for folks that haven't read the books.  I understand that people with different taste can love the posters.

3 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

The weave around Mat looks a little like a pauldron, which is kind of interesting.

Lezbi nerdy, in her discord, mentioned that the weave seem to dissipate when they touch Mat.  Someone else mentioned that the part near his elbow gives off Snake vibes.

2 hours ago, TheDreadReader said:

Looking at them a little more.  I wonder if they might point to how they might show Min's viewings?

This is something else that it will be interesting to see how they portray it.

Other notes:

- Matt does not have a noose around his neck.  He does have his dagger.

- Rand has his bow instead of his sword.  The grass around Rand is burning.

- Perrin does not have an axe or a hammer.

- Lan does not look like he is standing on the rocks.  They hid everyone else's feet, so it is not as obvious.

- Perrin's background does not make sense to me other than the color.

- Egwene's background makes me think of Tel'aran'rhiod for some reason.

I wish Lan's sword did not have that little gleam on it.  I think his I like the least.