DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rumor from London Comic-Con

TheMountain

We don't know who this is said to, but the extra explore tab on the prime page quotes Moiraine as saying:

They're here for the same reason as I am. For you. The Dark One is waking. His whispers are already in the backs of our minds. But there will be one who can stand against him. The Dragon has been born again. And it's one of you.

- MOIRAINE

1 minute ago, Ralph said:

We don't know who this is said to, but the extra explore tab on the prime page quotes Moiraine as saying:

They're here for the same reason as I am. For you. The Dark One is waking. His whispers are already in the backs of our minds. But there will be one who can stand against him. The Dragon has been born again. And it's one of you.

- MOIRAINE

this lends weight to that interpretation.

on the other hand, it's a trailer. trailers often contain whole exchanges that don't actually happen in the movie.

so, there's still some hope they didn't mangle the lore.

if they did mangle the lore in that, but for the rest the show is good, i'll just ignore it as a plot hole

I fail to understand why this is someone's fear. TV viewers won't know until after season 1 how much having it be a woman would have changed the story, and by then it won't matter because it will be revealed to be Rand. I find it hard to understand people who can't separate the two mediums and just enjoy it as a new version of the story. This is an obvious attempt to hook viewers and keep them watching every episode to find out who it is, and adding another possible character adds to the mystery.

It will have little to no impact on the story itself. They don't need to know that in the books it had to be a man, and it'll be obvious by season 2 that it being a man is important. But it doesn't matter that it's a mystery for non readers in season 1.

Edited by Deadsy