DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Clip Released On Prime Video: Moiraine's Quest

SinisterDeath

• SinisterDeath changed the title to Moiraine's Quest - Search for the Dragon
  • SinisterDeath changed the title to New Clip Released on Prime Video: Moiraine's Quest
  • SinisterDeath changed the title to New Clip Released On Prime Video: Moiraine's Quest

I think a lot of us tended to agree with the speculation that they would play up the 'Who is the Dragon Reborn' angle for Season 1... and that seems to be basically confirmed in this clip. Could be a lot of fun with misdirection, although I hope they don't lean on this too hard as a marketing tool since a even a 2-second google search will give the answer away to any interested newbies, and then what? Maybe better to develop some new series-long tagline like "Will the Dragon save the world, or break it all over again?"

• Community Administrator
Just now, Skipp said:

Mashadar? I thought it looked fine.  But I am looking at this from my work computer so not the same resolution as my home.

Hmm, I guess I can kinda see where @Katherine's coming from regarding Shadar Logoth.
The scene almost feels like it was rendered in 480 or 720p, and upscaled to 1080/2k.
image.png

Love the misdirection. Gives newbies the ability to really dig in and be a part of the mystery. I wonder if they could do a temporary scrubbing of info online? At least for basic searches? Y’all remember when they did the spoiler snap with the Thanos glove on Google for the Avenger movies? Just a thought. Our community is pretty good about spoilers but I’m referring to those who try to look too far ahead online etc. again, just a thought.

This show has so much potential though, and I know I’ve said it before but they have so much lore, symbolism, and prophecy that actually goes somewhere; so for that alone I’m quite thrilled with some of the symbolic imagery. I really hope this has the “it” factor and becomes something as special on tv as the books are on the page.

34 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Hmm, I guess I can kinda see where @Katherine's coming from regarding Shadar Logoth.
The scene almost feels like it was rendered in 480 or 720p, and upscaled to 1080/2k.
image.png

I think killer fog is one of the harder things to conceptualize without becoming too cheesy. The Mist tried it, and did alright. But it was more of monsters in it, not the mist itself. There are a lot of shows though that try using fog in any capacity they just miss the mark. So I think they did this to avoid an even larger complaint if they tried to do a faithful rendering, and it was garbage. Especially when you want it to look different from the One Power. There are a lot of tendrils already floating about.

I’m curious as to whether or not we will witness a trolloc get snagged by it in the show? I think my adjustment would make the shadows grab them and when they do almost have it become more tangible? Like an acidic tar like texture that is akin to the Blob, with lots of melting and crunching practical effects. Then as it consumes them graphically, it would dissipate back into shadow and lose its tangibility back into shadow, leaving a pile of bones and such. It would be visually fascinating and look more realistic. Could go much more horror film with it. Again, all speculation and spitballing, but I’d love your thoughts on it. Would you go for the 100% faithful adaptation or experiment?

* Another interesting visual could have been inspired by how ink behaves in water? Then render that movement into the air.

Edited by JaimAybara