DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mustaches and headaches...

David V

Seems a lot of people are up in arms about Thom not having a mustache, has anyone counted the references in the books to how many times Thom "knuckles" his mustache? I think people are upset because RJ took time to mention the appearance. Seems trivial to me, but I get it. 

i really can't tell if he has a mustache or if it is a play of the shadow in the image.

if it is not a mustache, perhaps they thought the image would not fit with a younger thom.

from the material I've seen so far, I got the impression that they put enough care into details, and that when they changed stuff they generally had good reasons. I'll wait and see the overall effect

Good work, @JaimAybara

I noticed this, too... Some colorful 'tassels' hanging off his back/hip? And if you slow-mo the clip, it looks like the 'tassels' move with Thom as the camera zooms, suggesting they are part of his garb (as opposed to a decoration on the wall behind him.) Could this be a small nod toward the gleeman's colorful cloak, or is it a less-significant decoration on his guitar case or other bard-like accessories?

Thom.thumb.png.62fb986be978c5fb4483259a89396f65.png

Cairhien Courier, 12th Day, !st Month, First Year of Fourth Age

In breaking news, Nynaeve Al'Meara, Queen of Malkier, has been observed knuckling her moustache in puzzlement at reports that the sealing of the Bore, otherwise known as the Dark One, was not as successful as previously hoped. Meanwhile, Thom Merrilin, gleeman extraordinaire and Court Bard of Andor has been observed tugging his braid in confusion at similar reports. We will keep you updated on the case. ?

On 10/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, Borderlander said:

Good work, @JaimAybara

I noticed this, too... Some colorful 'tassels' hanging off his back/hip? And if you slow-mo the clip, it looks like the 'tassels' move with Thom as the camera zooms, suggesting they are part of his garb (as opposed to a decoration on the wall behind him.) Could this be a small nod toward the gleeman's colorful cloak, or is it a less-significant decoration on his guitar case or other bard-like accessories?

Thom.thumb.png.62fb986be978c5fb4483259a89396f65.png

Can't remember where but I heard the colourful patches of his cloak are going to be on the inside.